Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being billed with no service provided

Options
  • 03-10-2014 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I signed up for Eircom eFibre broadband through your website on the 28th of July availing of the 6 months half price free installation offer.

I received a call and was told it would be installed on the 31st of July. I took a day off work and nobody called, contacting Eircom they told me the appointment was never set up and that someone would be in contact during the next 5-10 days. Nobody was and a pattern started.

On the 4th of August I received a letter in the post confirming my direct debit details, and another one a day later with my order number and account details. This still didn't allow me to register with Eircom.com and still wont.

Six weeks went by and some company came out to install a line and did, they left saying they knew nothing about the rest of the installation.

I went into your shop on Henry st but they said they couldn't help told me to register with your site, I said I couldn’t, they told me to ring 1901.

On the 1st of October I received a bill for 47.05 in the post dating from the 18 of sept to the 19 of Sept for €47.05. Still with no modem, broadband, phone call or letter about the installation date.

I rang 1901 and waited 20 minutes to get through to the Broadband department, they informed me the order was never placed, my address cannot receive the Efiber option and the max they could offer is 12mbs, a fair chuck less then what I signed up for. I said I don't wantit at the price and would like a refund and to cancel whatever I was on the system as. The unhelpful young man said that’s no problem but he can't do it and he is not in the cancellations department and made it clear numerous times he should have finished 5 minutes ago. To cancel I would have to ring back the next day.

I rang back the next day to the cancellations department and apparently got the loyalty team and another very unhelpful young man that informed me I was on the hook for a phone line for 12 months. I didn't ask for this and at some point along this mess I was lumped with it. He informed me he could do nothing except forward my complaint to another department and I should expect a call over the next ten days.

At this stage I will die of old age waiting for  a call that’s never going to happen. Never have I encountered such incompetence of something that should be straight forward. Needless to say I want nothing to do with your company again and want to cancel the deal and get a refund of my 47.05 that paid for a vague promise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Bazatron

I am just looking at this. I apologise as it does sound like you have had a difficult customer service experience. Please send me a PM with the Order no. or Account no or failing that the exact address and the name on the account and I will investigate this to see how we can bring this to satisfactory resolution for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭porridge365

Bazatron wrote: »
    I signed up for Eircom eFibre broadband through your website on the 28th of July availing of the 6 months half price free installation offer.

I received a call and was told it would be installed on the 31st of July. I took a day off work and nobody called, contacting Eircom they told me the appointment was never set up and that someone would be in contact during the next 5-10 days. Nobody was and a pattern started.

On the 4th of August I received a letter in the post confirming my direct debit details, and another one a day later with my order number and account details. This still didn't allow me to register with Eircom.com and still wont.

Six weeks went by and some company came out to install a line and did, they left saying they knew nothing about the rest of the installation.

I went into your shop on Henry st but they said they couldn't help told me to register with your site, I said I couldn’t, they told me to ring 1901.

On the 1st of October I received a bill for 47.05 in the post dating from the 18 of sept to the 19 of Sept for €47.05. Still with no modem, broadband, phone call or letter about the installation date.

I rang 1901 and waited 20 minutes to get through to the Broadband department, they informed me the order was never placed, my address cannot receive the Efiber option and the max they could offer is 12mbs, a fair chuck less then what I signed up for. I said I don't wantit at the price and would like a refund and to cancel whatever I was on the system as. The unhelpful young man said that’s no problem but he can't do it and he is not in the cancellations department and made it clear numerous times he should have finished 5 minutes ago. To cancel I would have to ring back the next day.

I rang back the next day to the cancellations department and apparently got the loyalty team and another very unhelpful young man that informed me I was on the hook for a phone line for 12 months. I didn't ask for this and at some point along this mess I was lumped with it. He informed me he could do nothing except forward my complaint to another department and I should expect a call over the next ten days.

At this stage I will die of old age waiting for  a call that’s never going to happen. Never have I encountered such incompetence of something that should be straight forward. Needless to say I want nothing to do with your company again and want to cancel the deal and get a refund of my 47.05 that paid for a vague promise.
    Bazatron,
    I  have had a very similar experience with Eircom which is still ongoing after 5 months of complaining. FYI you can go to your bank and request a refund of the direct debit amount and cancel the direct debit at the same time. New, customer friendly banking rules have come into force recently which protect the consumer in instances like this.
    Please post an update on how your issue with Eircom is resolved.
    Regards 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

Bazatron,
    I  have had a very similar experience with Eircom which is still ongoing after 5 months of complaining. FYI you can go to your bank and request a refund of the direct debit amount and cancel the direct debit at the same time. New, customer friendly banking rules have come into force recently which protect the consumer in instances like this.
    Please post an update on how your issue with Eircom is resolved.
    Regards 
    I've cancelled it now and am chasing a refund, I'll keep you posted.

No word through this or through PM's, they seem to just be ignoring me now. Not all that surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

No word through this or through PM's, they seem to just be ignoring me now. Not all that surprising.
    Hi Bazatron

My colleague eircom:Colm has just got back to your PM

Apologies for the delays bazatron

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭porridge365

Hi

Al
    Bazatron,
     can you update us on what Eircom are saying they will do for you please?
    Regards

Hi

Al
    Bazatron,
     can you update us on what Eircom are saying they will do for you please?
    Regards
    It looks the the broadband was never ordered for me and where I live cannot get the Efiber anyway. I've been told it's been cancelled and I will receive a refund for the amount taken in ten days. I'll update this as I hear.

Hi bazatron

No problem at all. Please feel free to keep me updated here. The final bill should be received within 10 days.

thanks
    Colm

Hi Colm,

Can I get an update on this?

Hi bazatron

No problem at all. Please feel free to keep me updated here. The final bill should be received within 10 days.

thanks
    Colm
    So have you just quit on this now? Coming up on a month and nothing has been done and I haven't heard anything in two weeks.

At least your incompetence is consistent, I'll give you that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi bazatron

thanks
    Colm
    So have you just quit on this now? Coming up on a month and nothing has been done and I haven't heard anything in two weeks.

Hi Bazatron,

I've checked your account and the final bill was issued 20/10 so a refund cheque is processed 10 working days after this.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi bazatron

thanks
    Colm

Hi Bazatron,

I've checked your account and the final bill was issued 20/10 so a refund cheque is processed 10 working days after this.

Thanks

Tracey
    Final bill? Issued 17 days after I posted this, for what exactly?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This makes shocking reading. Can someone in Eircom at a senior level not wonder how anyone reading this would ever want to have anything to do with Eircom for anything?

Hi bazatron

thanks
    Colm

Hi Bazatron,

Thanks

Tracey
    Is this going to be posted?

Hi bazatron,

I will follow this up with Credit Management and ask them to advise me when this will issue. As soon as I get a response I will advise you here.

Thanks
    Colm

It's been 44 days since my first bill.

It's been three and a half weeks since the final bill.

It's been 10 days since the final bill should have been refunded.

And a week since I have heard anything in this thread. 

Two weeks now and no word.

Are you just hoping I will give up and walk away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Two weeks now and no word.

Are you just hoping I will give up and walk away?
    Hi Bazatron

I do sincerely apologise for the delays in getting back to you. Colm has been unavailable for a while so I have investigated this case today and I can now confirm that the credit has been approved by credit management on the 6/11 and I have been advised you will receive a cheque for the amount of €95.41 within 30 working days of that date.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement