Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs West Brom Sat 3pm KO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Bit of a sick feeling in my stomach about this one. If we get beat, all of a sudden people are going to be talking about the club being in "crisis". With some of the first team players seemingly in a strop with Rodgers, things could go downhill very quickly. Now I don't think we'll lose, but the chances of us coming out full of confidence and dispatching WBA convincing just seem bleak. Think we will have to huff and puff for a bit, but we should get the win, 2-0 for me. Sterling and Balotelli to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sturridge brace and Moreno, 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bit of a sick feeling in my stomach about this one. If we get beat, all of a sudden people are going to be talking about the club being in "crisis". With some of the first team players seemingly in a strop with Rodgers, things could go downhill very quickly. Now I don't think we'll lose, but the chances of us coming out full of confidence and dispatching WBA convincing just seem bleak. Think we will have to huff and puff for a bit, but we should get the win, 2-0 for me. Sterling and Balotelli to score.

He might need to take another 60 shots before he scores;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

Prediction: Less than average performance but Liverpool win by two goals to nil with both coming from penalties scored by Gerrard giving us a win but no real cause for celebration :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

How have you lasted 13 years on boards with that username...........:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ducks can also change their sex.

For sure they can switch it up between tender, intimate love making to wild, unbridled power sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Mario has to push forward more. He plays too deep at times. Feel that two up front might be worth trying now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If we play 1 up front I'll cheer on WBA.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I had a dream this morning that it was 0-3 to West Brom before half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

5starpool wrote: »

Dreamjinx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

No change of formation. according to SSN.BR saying he can't cos of lack of the right personnel. Sigh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

This advertisement will end in 30 seconds…

ANFIELD – LIVERPOOL

In life you cannot always choose what you do…
    But you can always choose who you are…
    We are the match thread saps…
    With every panda gif we say …
    Brendão is the master of our fate…
    Stevie G is the captain of our soul…

Can you tell me now…TELL ME NOW…
    Can you show me how…SHOW ME HOW…
    To understand…UNDERSTAND…
    What makes a Pool fan? … POOL FAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

That'd be some craic in fairness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

West Brom to get at least a draw.

Another disjointed performance from Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cant see a liverpool win today, seen nothing in the last few weeks to suggest we are good enough to get a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cant see a liverpool win today, seen nothing in the last few weeks to suggest we are good enough to get a win.

What about the spurs game. What about keeping an decent Everton team out of the game only for a miracle strike. It's west brom at home. Liverpool will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

West Brom will think they can win this game.

Cause they probably can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

niallo27 wrote: »
    What about the spurs game. What about keeping an decent Everton team out of the game only for a miracle strike. It's west brom at home. Liverpool will win.

Everton were muck against us, and we still didnt win. Spurs seems like a freak performance at this stage. Cant see us breaking down any team the way we are playing, and we look like conceding at every set piece. Until we sort out either of those issues, dont know how we are going to win games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Filled with dread.

2 nil to west brom, a new low reached, pressure to mount on rodgers.

Not good enough at the moment to win a game.

Brom are 7/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Everton were muck against us, and we still didnt win. Spurs seems like a freak performance at this stage. Cant see us breaking down any team the way we are playing, and we look like conceding at every set piece. Until we sort out either of those issues, dont know how we are going to win games

Why were Everton muck though. Why not give credit to Liverpool for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Brom are 7/1

That's a great bet given our odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's West Brom at Anfield, they're not exactly ripping the league up. You're talking like it's Chelsea or City. Liverpool could play well below par and still win this.

West Brom are playing better than Liverpool this season.

I'll be fairly surprised if Liverpool win tbh

BzGsK_kCUAA6S8j.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

4-2-3-1 again, oh dear. Unless Sterling is pushed up and its a diamond but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Have a feeling we'll see a reaction from Liverpool here. Lambert to have a big say with a goal.

Confirmed @WBAFCofficial team v #LFC: Foster, Gamboa, Lescott, Dawson, Pocognoli, Dorrans, Morrison, Gardner, Brunt, Sessegnon, Berahino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BzGsK_kCUAA6S8j.jpg

Gerrard again FFS.......So Henderson will be doing 2 jobs today.

BR says MB needs to score more and then benches him and starts Lambert up front.....:confused:

Anyway......if thats the team the midfield will be over run and we wont score more than 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

NukaCola wrote: »
    Gerrard again FFS.......So Henderson will be doing 2 jobs today.

BR says MB needs to score more and then benches him and starts Lambert up front.....:confused:

Anyway......if thats the team the midfield will be over run and we wont score more than 1.

That was our midfield for most of last season

Dont understand why Balotelli isn't playing. Was our best player imo on Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't see Liverpool winning with that team.

I hope I am wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The pricking about is over.

Time to start playing with attitude again.

3 - 1.

That was our midfield for most of last season

Dont understand why Balotelli isn't playing. Was our best player imo on Wednesday

My point is 3 games in 8 days is too much for SG. He'll be ****ed after 40 mins.

Seems ridiculous to rotate the likes of Balotelli Lallana and Sterling etc when Gerrard plays every ****ing game, despite being ****ed after 40 mins. I fear the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

We need 3 points no excuse.

Johnson on the bench too is a worrying sign

Ya, we've done so well without him haven't we?

I'm no big fan of Johnson but he certainly can't be blamed for the latest run of results. Sakho too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

That says nothing about Johnson's terrible form for the last 2 years

I much prefer the young lads we have now compared to Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

holy moses crazy dude on a bike... Lambert starting?! He's supposed to be an impact player.. Even though Borini is not great, i'd rather start him...

mada999 wrote: »
    holy moses crazy dude on a bike... Lambert starting?! He's supposed to be an impact player.. Even though Borini is not great, i'd rather start him...

Lamberts stats from the bench aren't great anyway. I hope it works out but I'm not expecting much unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

mada999 wrote: »

If Lambert scores, won't that be an impact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

of course and I want him to do well but on previous appearances he has not really done much tbh..would love to see him play well and get a goal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Liverpool to win in such style, all of the major bookmakers pay out on them.

Except for Victor Chandler.

Rough headline.

• Advertisement

Rough headline.

Ouch

Should be an interesting game this. Baggies have nothing in terms of height up front although are quite effective from set-pieces when they can bring others forward whereas Liverpool are quite vulnerable from set-pieces.
    2 pacy and tricky frontmen on the away side and a big target man up top for the home side, seems like the opposite of what you would expect from both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

If someone told me at the start of the season Id be this nervous playing West Brom at home....:(

Why is there a plane flying over Anfield every game now it seems? It's very annoying.

Only 5 minutes in, but seems to be the same pedestrian, laboured pace of previous games so far anyhow. Hopefully we'll settle into it and not do anything stupid at the back for a change.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement