Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Southampton

Options
  • 03-10-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭

Crying shame it's not on the box. Southampton currently flying high, I had them down as cannon fodder languishing in the bottom half. I still couldn't list off their current team bar a few names. Definite grudge match, some players out to prove a point to there departing manager.

Beat them twice last season, they've a bad record at The Lane. We don’t exactly have prolific strikers, so I see a helping hand coming from midfield/defender.

Eriksen looks lost out on the wing, kick it up a notch or bench him. Mason could be in with a shout possibly. Dembele in an advanced role, let him roam forward. I believe we could grind out a win if our defense plays to the same standards as last weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Same team as last Saturday.
    Reckon we could beat these by 2 goals....
    2-0 or 3-1.

Kaboul 1st scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Crying shame it's not on the box. Southampton currently flying high, I had them down as cannon fodder languishing in the bottom half. I still couldn't list off their current team bar a few names. Definite grudge match, some players out to prove a point to there departing manager.

Beat them twice last season, they've a bad record at The Lane. We don’t exactly have prolific strikers, so I see a helping hand coming from midfield/defender.

Eriksen looks lost out on the wing, kick it up a notch or bench him. Mason could be in with a shout possibly. Dembele in an advanced role, let him roam forward. I believe we could grind out a win if our defense plays to the same standards as last weekend.

Its live in Mayes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Not looking forward to it at all

We're pretty shambolic at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Surely we are due a big performance from Lamela/Eriksen.
    No excuses, especially the Europa league excuse, fcuk all of the team that played last night will play on Sunday.
    I'd go, Lloris Dier Kaboul Vert Rose Bentaleb Dembele Eriksen Lamela Townsend & Soldado (although Chadli will most likely play)

Adebayor has done fcuk all recently, soldado wasn't exactly electric last night but surely he's due a start in a league game

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ade needs to be dropped he's doing nothing,give one of the other two a go at it can't be much worse,2-1 Spurs,Chadli will probably notch one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

3 points of by any means please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

2-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Surely we are due a big performance from Lamela/Eriksen.
    No excuses, especially the Europa league excuse, fcuk all of the team that played last night will play on Sunday.
    I'd go, Lloris Dier Kaboul Vert Rose Bentaleb Dembele Eriksen Lamela Townsend & Soldado (although Chadli will most likely play)

Adebayor has done fcuk all recently, soldado wasn't exactly electric last night but surely he's due a start in a league game

COYS

You just love Andros !!

Chadli has to play , one of our best players this season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Southampton were too good of a price to turn down for me. Southampton win:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Would like to see Kane start on current form, but after 90 on Thursday seems doubtful. This is the one where we turn it around. The way they play suits us, and we're going to be reminded of Eriksen/Ade's skills. 3:0 COYS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I'd like to see soldado start, hopefully this is why he was taken off midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

we will be fine dudes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Need the win, I think we'll get it. West Brom result was a shock although they are holding their own against Liverpool so maybe they'll be hard to beat this year but we have to start picking up wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

A 2-0 win tomorrow puts us 4th. Positivity!

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think we will erk out a win. Not expecting much in terms off a performance. It'll will be patchy and it may not be pretty but we should win by +1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    You just love Andros !!

Chadli has to play , one of our best players this season

Love is a strong word mick :D
    Just don't agree with all the abuse everyone gives one of our own. Also, we have no pace in the side, which he brings to us, and I think he'll improve if given a run of games by this manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Ade is a guaranteed hattrick. I dropped him from my fantasy football team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    I'd like to see soldado start, hopefully this is why he was taken off midweek

Taken off cos he didn't look like scoring

Ade will start

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Any links for stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Deisler wrote: »
    Any links for stream?

Footballstreaming.info

You'll find a number of streams on that. One will eventually work.

• Advertisement

Bank holiday tomorrow here in Brisbane so get to stay up and watch the match! First Sunday match in forever.

Will be a very tough game. Southampton have been playing well under Koeman. Will he interesting to see how the players lineup. Would like to see Stambouli start.

I have a feeling Poch might go with two up top,I hope he does anyway.Couldn't be looking at Ade arseing around all day doing nothing again.

Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela; Adebayor. #COYS

Ade up front again !

The bench.

Vorm, Dier, Fazio, Dembele, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.

tippspur wrote: »
    Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela; Adebayor. #COYS

Ade up front again !

Naughton and rose. How ****e and uninspiring is our full backs. Bring back Carr and Ziege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

irishmover wrote: »
    Naughton and rose. How ****e and uninspiring is our full backs. Bring back Carr and Ziege.

In fairness Rose has been better than Davies and Dier has played every game in the last few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Ade and Eriksen played them out of the park last 2 times.

I actually expect a win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Kaboul not happy with Lloris :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

Saints getting into the game now

Advertisement