Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Southampton

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Joint second best defense in the EPL at the moment. Amazingly.

Only Southampton with a better record and our goals conceded is equal to city and chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

costa just scored a cracker against arse 2/0 with 10mins left

turning into a decent game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Did we press for the majority of the game? Who impressed? What was Mason like? Looking forward to the highlights later. Great result seeing as Southampton were flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

capoue delighted with the win great passion display.

https://vine.co/v/OKMiJiMKWhZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Merson predicted a 3-1 Southampton win...stick that up your jacksie!
    I caught a snippet of those wánkers on Soccer Saturday getting digs in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I was happy with yesterday. Our possession stats over the last two games are way down, but our points total is way up.

I like seeing Poch being able to react and change his tactics suitably.

The defence was still a little worrying. Without Lloris we'd be in serious trouble. We're screaming out for a no-nonsense English centre back. I'm not referring to Dawson here. Just making a point about the decision-making at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

They are in very short supply though. Hard to see where he would come from you got Liverpool and United probably on the hunt for one too Id imagine.

Funny old game, if we'd beaten West Brom we'd have 14 points so far and what I would consider a very good start to the first quarter of the season while before yesterday's game I kinda had us written off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Southampton were too good of a price to turn down for me. Southampton win:(

MY new plan for the season is to continue to back against Spurs.. Cant loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Glebee wrote: »
    MY new plan for the season is to continue to back against Spurs.. Cant loose.

How you figure that out?

We'll almost certainly win more than we lose.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    How you figure that out?

We'll almost certainly win more than we lose.

He wins personally if Spurs win. He wins financially if the opponent wins.

ziedth wrote: »
    Funny old game, if we'd beaten West Brom we'd have 14 points so far and what I would consider a very good start to the first quarter of the season while before yesterday's game I kinda had us written off.

If we had of played against Sunderland the way did against Arsenal and Southampton (less possession and more clinical) we would have won that match too.

Onwards and upwards.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

He wins personally if Spurs win. He wins financially if the opponent wins.

But a part of him will be disappointed if Spurs win and a part will be disappointed if Spurs lose.

Just makes every result bittersweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dont think I have ever backed against Spurs before, but anytime I have had a bet riding on them they have always let me down. One time I back against them the let me down as well.... Not big amounts of money though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm ashamed to say I've bet against us once or twice and have won a few quid.the way I see it gambling is a game between you and the bookie and if you won't bet against someone they already have an advantage on yea.

Having said that all that I don't think I could bring myself to bet against Ireland.

Ormus wrote: »
    But a part of him will be disappointed if Spurs win and a part will be disappointed if Spurs lose.

Just makes every result bittersweet.

Yeah I personally wouldn't do it. I couldn't enjoy the bet or the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Rumours on tweeter that Naughton is out for 3 months

Apparently Lamela ran 11 miles in the match yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Apparently Lamela ran 11 miles in the match yesterday.

He can run 20 miles if he wants, still needs to affect games a lot more than he is currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Probably the surveyor in me saying this but.... Miles? Who is this miles you speak of?!

I only know a guy by the name of Kilo. Last name metre. He does his maths in 10's unlike that Miles guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

irishmover wrote: »
    Probably the surveyor in me saying this but.... Miles? Who is this miles you speak of?!

I only know a guy by the name of Kilo. Last name metre. He does his maths in 10's unlike that Miles guy!

:D It was a test and you have passed with flying colours..I backed Miles Tunnicliff once, does that matter?

Advertisement