Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sligo Bus Timetables

Options
  • 03-10-2014 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

The 472, 473, 478, and 478A are gone, and replaced by the new S1 and S2 routes, which start on Sunday, 5th October.

It's great that the town service will be every 30 minutes at each stop, and also run on Sundays (every hour), but it's quite annoying that it'll no longer go up to the Carraroe Retail Park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The 472, 473, 478, and 478A are gone, and replaced by the new S1 and S2 routes, which start on Sunday, 5th October.

It's great that the town service will be every 30 minutes at each stop, and also run on Sundays (every hour), but it's quite annoying that it'll no longer go up to the Carraroe Retail Park.

That is a little strange. Maybe an indicator of how well (or maybe not so well) the park is doing of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

This is a great development, use the bus daily to get in and out of college, having to leave class just to not have to wait 50 minutes for a later bus was a pain in the arse, they seem to have cut out a lot of the ridiculously placed stops too like the sports complex stop which was hugely underused.

I'm hoping that they'll have the real time information working properly as well on these routes, it was very inaccurate on the 478 route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Does the bus serve the Maugheraboy area anymore?

SPM1959 wrote: »
    Does the bus serve the Maugheraboy area anymore?

Don't think so, by the looks of the rough map they have on their website they'll be sticking to the main strandhill road as it comes into/out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

ryanch09 wrote: »
    This is a great development, use the bus daily to get in and out of college, having to leave class just to not have to wait 50 minutes for a later bus was a pain in the arse, they seem to have cut out a lot of the ridiculously placed stops too like the sports complex stop which was hugely underused.

I'm hoping that they'll have the real time information working properly as well on these routes, it was very inaccurate on the 478 route

How do you get the real time info?

• Advertisement

How do you get the real time info?

Look for the 'real time Ireland' app. I think it's on the transport for Ireland website as well

Look for the 'real time Ireland' app. I think it's on the transport for Ireland website as well

Thanks, got it. Doesn't seem to be the updated timetable.

Thanks, got it. Doesn't seem to be the updated timetable.

Yeah might take a while for them to update it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Don't think so, by the looks of the rough map they have on their website they'll be sticking to the main strandhill road as it comes into/out of town.

Think that is pretty poor to be honest as know many older people in the area who regularly use the service.

Ours was a couple of minutes walk away, now 20 minutes.

• Advertisement

Well I suppose their view is to operate a more frequent and reliable service (and I think we can all agree that it certainly wasn't the most reliable) they have to stick to main roads and not be darting in and out of estates which can eat up a lot of time. Most bus systems work like that to my knowledge as it's the most efficient.

Advertisement