Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baywatch The Movie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't know about that, not with Alexandra D'Addario looking at me with those piercing blue eyes ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Superbowl trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Official trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Despite all my reservations, this looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Can
    Not
    Wait

That's the version I want to see not a the PG version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Dezekota

Hmmmm looks fun but lacking blonde bombshells
    One is never enough where's the Yasmine bleeth,Nicole eggert, Erika eleniak and donna D Erico characters

The reviews are panning it lots of zero and one star ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Im not surprised. I was optimistic at first but the last few trailers have been awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I don't know what I thought really. It's not great, its a pretty bad film. But then its got pretty ladies in bathing suits, and bad humour that gave me more than a few chuckles, so I didn't hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Reluctantly went to see it last night after seeing the bad reviews.

I LOVED it to my surprise! There are a lot of proper laugh out loud moments. I was crying laughing at one particular scene
    in a morgue
    Haven't laughed like this at a film in ages.

Expect very cheesy dialogue, went on a tiny bit too long but it's an entertaining movie nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Saw it last night. Good Lord, it was complete sh!te.

It just wasn't funny. So many jokes fall flat. The tone of the film is so all over the place. It's as if 5 different scripts were directed by 5 different directors and smashed together in the edit.

The dialogue is so cringe worthy it was mortifying to watch. And what was the story with the CGI effects?!

A film like Baywatch, and the superficial nonsense that is contained, should at least make for a movie that's a bit of craic, but the whole thing was so laboured and clunky. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Awful awful film.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,949 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Done decent business in Ireland. Top 10 movie in may.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

It was basically the 21 Jump Street movie set on a beach

So my mates and I thought it was great craic

A harmless 2-hour popcorn flick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have not gone to see this but can tell from the trailers that it is utter rubbish. I know someone who did go to see it even do I said that will be crap and well ye they said it is just terrible.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seen it last night, in the Cork Omniplex its a €6 a ticket so the screening was full and on one of the bigger screens, I'm assuming largely down to the cut price tickets.

Might as well cut straight to it, the film was terrible, some ok one line jokes here and there but its devoid of any substance and it doesnt try to apologise for it. There was some seriously bad CGI throughout the film too. There was a couple next to us left after about an hour. I'd probably give it a 4/10 at a push.

There was 3 trailers on before hand and 2 of the films made Baywatch look like Godfather, some tripe called The House, starring Will Ferrell among other, looks as funny as being told you've minutes to live and an even bigger abomination popped out too, called Rough Night.

It's terrible but I had a smile on my face from start to finish so it did it's job I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just saw the digital release..
    It made me laugh a few times, and it was as ridiculous as the TV series was..

Overall, I think it will do well on DVD rather than cinema... The characters were fun, great bodies and they took the piss out of themselves well.. I'd watch a número 2...
    6/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I've seen worse films, actually reasonably ok to watch.
    Although, I may have been distracted by Kelly Rohrbach and Alexandra Daddario a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thought this was pretty sh*te.

Not in the same league as the Jump Street movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just watched it now and actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Was expecting a total flop based on the reception, but it's a very easy watch. Could definitely have easily been, and should have been, a lot funnier, but not a train wreck either. I'd say 6/10 is about right.

Nowhere near as good as movies like Bad Neighbors and Jump Street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just watched it again.. Its fun, it takes the piss out of itself. Good job 7 bucks production..

It's a pity it did badly in the box office, there are some real laugh out loud moments. The crew andcast know its a fun movie..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah , at least it's obviously a comedy, not a serious film. It might be good

Advertisement