Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered a print, still waiting

Options
  • 03-10-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

On the 27/08 (a Wednesday) I ordered a jigsaw with a photo on it from a camera store that also does prints. I was told it would have to be sent out to somewhere else to be printed and we would receive it the following Tuesday, and that they would call us when it was in. No phone call on Tuesday. Wednesday I happened to be passing the store so I called in. They said the jigsaws were on back order and he tried to call the place that prints them but got no answer. He said he would keep trying to get through and would call me back with an ETA. No phone call. I called again the following week to be told there was a backlog and they would again call me with an ETA. No phone call. It's now October. Whenever I pass the store it's closed, as it seems to close earlier than the surrounding shops. I'm fairly pissed off at this stage as I ordered it for a birthday gift and the birthday has long passed. I paid for it upfront. I still would like the print but I'm fed up at this stage of the ridiculous wait and no communication. Should I just demand my money back or keep calling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Unless the shop knew before accepting the order that there was a birthday deadline they can't be held to that. However they did state a delivery date which has long since gone so on that basis a refund and return of your image is very justifiable imo assuming the jigsaw is not there. If they actually have it then you should take it, I'm sure the gift would still be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Unless the shop knew before accepting the order that there was a birthday deadline they can't be held to that. However they did state a delivery date which has long since gone so on that basis a refund and return of your image is very justifiable imo assuming the jigsaw is not there. If they actually have it then you should take it, I'm sure the gift would still be welcomed.

I din't say anything to the store about a deadline as tbh I didn't think it would take this long. The birthday was mid September. I feel like when I speak to them they are just fobbing it off saying they have to call the centre when in actual fact they probably aren't and just ignoring me. When I ordered it I wasn't told it wasn't in stock either, it was when I went to collect it when I was told. Awful customer service, won't be using them again.

Advertisement