Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Home Alarm I Should go for

Options
  • 03-10-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, looking for some advice regarding alarms and installation for 4 Bed detached house north county Dublin. Currently have Astec 63 installed, worked fine for the last 12 years but recently started to act up. I first got a message : 22 Call Engineer, then a few days later the alarm went off and got error 5A6, then got Bell Fault, now I can't set the alarm.

I understand that I now need to have new hybrid alarm installed? so many to choose from and what is my best option? would like the option of receiving text message if alarm goes off and to be able to remotely set the alarm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and recommended installer

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, looking for some advice regarding alarms and installation for 4 Bed detached house north county Dublin. Currently have Astec 63 installed, worked fine for the last 12 years but recently started to act up. I first got a message : 22 Call Engineer, then a few days later the alarm went off and got error 5A6, then got Bell Fault, now I can't set the alarm.

I understand that I now need to have new hybrid alarm installed? so many to choose from and what is my best option? would like the option of receiving text message if alarm goes off and to be able to remotely set the alarm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and recommended installer

Thanks in advance

Call 22 is related to the sounder bus on the system. Sab is the external bell and bell is the internal bell. You would need to disconnect both and add them back in to see which one is causing the fault. You can use an S22 with a global san and internal bell to sort out the issue as opposed to having a new system installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donabate man

Thanks you Altor for the advice, would I need an engineer password to tamper with the bell box?

Thanks you Altor for the advice, would I need an engineer password to tamper with the bell box?

The default engineer code off the system is 1174.
    If you have the installations company's name I may have the code on my list.
    Feel free to send me a P.M with the name and I will check for you.

Hi Altor, thanks for the code but it didnt work. The company that installed the alarm is
    Crime Prevention Security, based in Swords. I managed to remove both sounders and the internal is working but the external is still faulty. 1 SAb fault still have 22 call engineer. Eric

Hi Altor, thanks for the code but it didnt work. The company that installed the alarm is
    Crime Prevention Security, based in Swords. I managed to remove both sounders and the internal is working but the external is still faulty. 1 SAb fault still have 22 call engineer. Eric

I dont have a code for them.

You could try do a factory default. If the system is not engineer locked it will work. Turn off mains, open lid on control panel. Remove battery link on right. Remove factory link on left. Put battery link back in and go to keypad and enter 4711. If the system disarms you have brought it back to factory settings. Put back in the factory link on left. Close up Line and turn back on the mains.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor, got back to factory setting and now have: 00Engineer but now I cant get out of Engineer mode to set the alarm. I have tried clear 99 and get messages: Tamper Lid, 1 Sab fault

Hi Altor, got back to factory setting and now have: 00Engineer but now I cant get out of Engineer mode to set the alarm. I have tried clear 99 and get messages: Tamper Lid, 1 Sab fault

Brill :)

Have you disconnected the bell from the sounders bus?
    Lid tamper is just the lid but that will clear when you put it back on.

The lid is back on, the external bell is faulty.

The lid is back on, the external bell is faulty.

If you have it disconnected then take it out of the system using command 73.
    Is the system showing lid with the lid on?

Hi Altor, I put the Bell box back on for visual security, the panel is back on but I am getting the messages Tamper Lid, 1 Sab fault

• Advertisement

Hi Altor, I put the Bell box back on for visual security, the panel is back on but I am getting the messages Tamper Lid, 1 Sab fault

There is a spring under the second compartment where the battery goes. Its on the left side. You will see a hole where the lid your putting on presses against it.
    The bell will need to be taken out of the system if its faulty.

Are you referring to the bell box or the control Panel?

Are you referring to the bell box or the control Panel?

The control panel.

Hi Altor, I can only see one spring about 1 inch long with a white top. Ist directly under the Factory Setting is that it?

Hi Altor, I can only see one spring about 1 inch long with a white top. Ist directly under the Factory Setting is that it?

Yes that is it.
    When the lid is put back on it is pushed against with the lid and closes the tamper.

Hi Altor, still cant get it to work. Will have to have a try again tomorrow in daylight. Thanks for your help

Hi Altor, still cant get it to work. Will have to have a try again tomorrow in daylight. Thanks for your help

No probs, can you see the part on the inside of the lid that lines up to push against the spring?

Yes I can ant I think it is pushing up against it, it was working earlier its just that since I got the alarm to engineer mode I cant get out of it.

Yes I can ant I think it is pushing up against it, it was working earlier its just that since I got the alarm to engineer mode I cant get out of it.

It should close it once the lid is closed.

Hi Altor, got it working now and can set alarm without front bell untill I get it sorted out. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor, got it working now and can set alarm without front bell untill I get it sorted out. Thanks for your help.

Any other problems let us know :)

Advertisement