Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night Show 4/10/14 at 9.40pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

efb wrote: »
    Im off back to Genesis

Enjoy. It gets a bit slow after the bit with all the animals on a big boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Time to listen to RTE Gold on saorview

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well, that was tempting fate if ever i saw it!

MOTD for a while.

Apologies.

But on the bright side we get to see the mighty Liverpool FC just in time to see Lallana score :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Can anyone tell me what elmo said about love hate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

delaad wrote: »
    This may be a shocker,for anyone who has not heard the story of what happened to them.

Thanks for that
    I've popped back to +1
    No disrespect to them but I'm just too sad to think about that just now.
    But I do wish them all the best for the future . Life can be very cruel to some people. And I don't have any answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

duridian wrote: »

But then picks up when the drums kick in...

cadbury-gorilla.jpg

lufties wrote: »

I'm on +1 I'll let you know

He said it was shíte this season and not worth watching after the second episode when Nidge gets clipped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Trish kills Nidge.

In a nutshell Elmo is redeemed and becomes Nidge's right hand man. That's all I caught, as I don't watch LH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lapin wrote: »
    Apologies.

But on the bright side we get to see the mighty Liverpool FC just in time to see Lallana score :)

More misery!

:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Have you got RTE1 +1.

If so,turn on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ya can't bate a bit of Leviticus, everything is EVIL, except slavery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why are they going over on their own? Flights are cheap, why would someone not go with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

OK. I'll wait to see what the outcome is.

But to say you don't agree with abortion, and your life is not in risk, why do it?? Why does she think she was an exception to anyone else?

Elmo's been eating as much asme I fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Have you got RTE1 +1.

If so,turn on now.

just rte player via the website. I'm in london.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

But then picks up when the drums kick in...

cadbury-gorilla.jpg

that's Phil Collins song, not Genesis (his former band)

And they go to spain to teach Dublinese as a foreign language to the Spanishese.

I miss smoking so much

• Advertisement
    M

MsQuinn wrote: »
    OK. I'll wait to see what the outcome is.

But to say you don't agree with abortion, and your life is not in risk, why do it?? Why does she think she was an exception to anyone eles?

There's some people would rather say a good prayer or two than believe 100% fact from a doctor.

ya can't bate a bit of Leviticus, everything is EVIL, except slavery...

Only a week ago, I had to stone the mother for eating scampi.

that's Phil Collins song, not Genesis (his former band)

Thanks, Mr. Gabriel :D

M

WTF is the point of this interview, from the outlay they are against the abortion, now they are agreeing fully that it was the correct decision to make?

M

How else would it be delivered?

Only a week ago, I had to stone the mother for eating scampi.

Well when I caught my niece in a polyblend blouse I just had to chuck rocks at her... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this is f*cked up....

There's some people would rather say a good prayer or two than believe 100% fact from a doctor.

Well myself and my partner were told by a professor that our baby wouldn't survive birth.

Told us at our last appointment to arrange a funeral.

He will celebrate he's 8th birthday after Christmas.

There not always right.

Good job they didn't use UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

How else would it be delivered?

brought home personally by the parents? send an undertaker over and collect him in a coffin and come back on the boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Good job Brendan.. He has a way of being empathetic without fawning all over them like another presenter who shall remain nameless...

Me thinks they should have rang the quiz winner before that last item started..

You all right there, Brendan?

Well myself and my partner were told by a professor that our baby wouldn't survive birth.

There not always right.

(S)He seemed to have a great bedside manner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My sympathies go out to couples who are in the position this couple are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

She had an abortion. She is now on telly saying she doesn't believe in abortion and selling how hard it was for her to have an abortion abroad. It's hard for everyone who has to travel.

I have sympathy for her but by categorically stating that she does not agree with abortion, is more than a bit hypocritical to be honest. It's like saying "I am an exception - everyone else is doing a bad thing".

And yes, this service should be provided in Ireland and no one should have to travel in these situations.

• Advertisement

I'm slightly inebriated but I heard nothing about love/hate except that Elmo will be nidges right hand man. Maybe I missed something but I don't think so.
    Roll on tomorrow night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

There not always right.

Did you have proper testing done??? Did you get 2nd and 3rd opinions ? I hope you made your complaints about such medical misconduct.

I am glad your son is here and healthy.

Good night folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Good job Brendan.. He has a way of being empathetic without fawning all over them like another presenter who shall remain nameless...

Me thinks they should have rang the quiz winner before that last item started..

I couldn't believe his comment to them at the end delivered 'in the interests of balance'
    I thought it was a really really poor interview. There was supposed to be a point to this interview but he couldn't lead the interview properly.It was skirted around.
    His closing comment was disgraceful.

(S)He seemed to have a great bedside manner...

He was a gentleman. But there not always right. Don't know how the stress didn't kill mom and child to be honest.

• Advertisement

I couldn't believe his comment t them at the end delivered 'in the interests of balance'
    I thought it was a really really poor interview. There was supposed to be a point to this interview but he couldn't lead the interview properly.It was skirted around.
    His closing comment was disgraceful.

what was it? RTE are running scared after BAI ruling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I switched over to Graham Norton on TV3 after that was over.

I thought the last interview on Brendan's show was the most depressing and most confusing one I have ever watched.

I thought the last interview on Brendan's show was the most depressing and most confusing one I have ever watched.

What was confusing, I may be able to answere some questions about the situation?
    A lot of people don't know how this whole situation comes about etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Just switched on now, I got a bit of a fright, I thought Graham had his arms in a cast. I need to but the vino away.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I didn't understand that final interview to be honest. If she was so anti-abortion, would she not give birth and hope the doctors were wrong?

She said if there was even a one percent chance, she'd have gone through with it. Well is not a one percent chance hope??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

God what a heart-breaking interview.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I didn't understand that final interview to be honest. If she was so anti-abortion, would she not give birth and hope the doctors were wrong?

She said if there was even a one percent chance, she'd have gone through with it. Well is not a one percent chance hope??

Did you listen to the interview?

Monkey. There was not even a 1% chance of the baby surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rarity

I feel so desperately sorry for that couple that made the choice to abort their son. It looks like they are living with the nightmare of making a poor judgement. The father looked like he was about to have a break down. How they are living with the stress of that choice is beyond me.

To have their child delivered by courier is no doubt giving them nightmares. They could possibly benefit from bereavement counselling.

The message I got from the interview is that they are not entirely reconciled with their decision and perhaps counselling/guidance should be given to mothers/couples in potential similar situations as to the consequences of such a choice/decision.

from personal experience I know a number of woman that have regretted ever proceeding down the road os abortion. The regret has stayed with them for many many years later. So sad :-(

When you are faced with this situation of knowing your baby will die in utreo or straight after birth, it is a horrendous feeling for some carrying your baby. Every little move you have is a fear that your baby has just died.
    It is stuff of nightmares and the trauma of having a termination is less then carrying your dying child.

For most in this situation it is not a case of a dr looking at your scan and saying " this baby will not live" you have to go through a serious of tests to get a diagnosis. Blood tests amino tests, 2, 3 other medical experts to confirm the fatal diagnosis.

Rebecca was given 0% chance by more then 1 doctor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement