Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much Paprika!

Options
  • 03-10-2014 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

I put too much paprika into a dish, and it is both too strong and the paprika is still grainy in it.

It's a type of Goulash, so I'm looking for something to try to rescue it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I put too much paprika into a dish, and it is both too strong and the paprika is still grainy in it.

It's a type of Goulash, so I'm looking for something to try to rescue it.

Goulash recipes often have sour cream to be added at the end. Ar you planning on doing this, it might help

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

You could try adding extra liquid (stock or tomato passata) to dilute the paprika and then strain it off before serving?

Problem is that would dilute all the flavours, so the only solution is to add more of every ingredient (except paprika of course!) and as a bonus, you've got tomorrow's dinner sorted too !

F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I just made an extra litre of stock and whacked the whole lot into a larger pot, threw in a couple of chopped carrots, some halved mushrooms and a couple of diced potatoes, boiled it up, then simmered for an hour.

That made a nice goulash/stew kind of thing which I have for lunch today, tomorrow and Wednesday.

It's no gourmet cooking, but I was glad not to throw the lot in the bin.

Advertisement