Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies please don't do this

Comments

catallus wrote: »
    Actually now that I think about it, this trend is an anti-feminist conspiracy.

Feminists should be up in arms about this sort of thing.

This trend is an anti-attractiveness conspiracy, and I'll defend their right to look ridiculous to the death!

A girl I spoke to today had eyebrows, makeup, and tan like this :

http://images.viralnova.com/000/045/516/eyebrows-006.png

Shaving them off could only improve the look tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OMG :eek: thats going to give me nightmares

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not so anti baldy eyebrows now, are you eh? Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

should have posted a warning with it, yikes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wish I'd never clicked it myself tbh! :pac:

Can't resist... *peeps through my fingers*...

Oh god, why?? :(

EDIT: The poor girl looks like Eamonn Dunphys long lost daughter or something!

should have posted a warning with it, yikes!!

The girl I was talking to today looked as though she'd put a stencil on her head and got busy with a black Sharpie.

She looked like a cross between Groucho Marx and Marge Simpson after she was shot with the makeup gun. Wasn't pretty, but it was pretty damn fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Ah come on! That photos not real, is it?

You'd hope, wouldn't you? :)

Never go full duckface! :pac:

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    You'd hope, wouldn't you? :)

What can I say! Some men dig that shizzle! I've seen it with my own eyes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 more than S.A.D.

Mrs W wrote: »
    It's the massive HD brows that look like they were drawn on with a permanent marker that annoy me, especially with blonde hair!
    I just got new glasses, everything is in HD now...

What can I say! Some men dig that shizzle! I've seen it with my own eyes!

I've seen the odd 15 yo, staggering around on shoes she can't walk in, more skin on show than at Land of Leather, filled to bursting with alcopops and kebabs, makeup totally melted down the face and still trying to pull the trout pout for the benefit of the usual scrawny coterie of teen romeos blinded by hormones and Jaeger Bombs, to know that that face is entirely possible. :)

There are men who love the inch-thick makeup look alright, but you get the impression that the ole personality is a sort of optional extra at the same time.

It's good to be a grown-up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I've seen the odd 15 yo, staggering around on shoes she can't walk in, more skin on show than at Land of Leather, filled to bursting with alcopops and kebabs, makeup totally melted down the face and still trying to pull the trout pout for the benefit of the usual scrawny coterie of teen romeos blinded by hormones and Jaeger Bombs, to know that that face is entirely possible. :)

You've some way with words :D

kowloon wrote: »
    You've some way with words :D

Some would say it's the wrong way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

anncoates wrote: »
    News just in: women of Ireland devastated and begging for immediate guidance on how to proceed.

How to proceed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

the ole personality is a sort of optional extra at the same time.

Perso..... what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I'm not saying women shouldn't do it but I'm also of the opinion it looks dreadful.
    oldyouth wrote: »
    I just think it is a shame that more women do not realise that the vast majority of them look better with minimal and well applied make-up.
    FYP

Some guys confuse terribly applied, excessive make-up with simply "make-up".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Ladies please don't shave your eyebrows and then paint them back on it looks hideous.

If there one thing that puts me off a woman its shaved eyebrows, yuk

eastern european women seem to big into it for some reason?

She's just a dedicated follower of fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Bit 70's shaving off your brows, isn't it?? The old 'permanently surprised' look!! I don't know of anyone who shaves off their brows now, but I've seen plenty of over-plucked, badly shaped ones...

Threading is where it's at girls! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Bit 70's shaving off your brows, isn't it?? The old 'permanently surprised' look!! I don't know of anyone who shaves off their brows now, but I've seen plenty of over-plucked, badly shaped ones...

Threading is where it's at girls! :D

Threading I tried it once and never again I almost got up and left when i had one brow done. I guarantee if there ever comes a day when there is a shortage of wax my eyebrows will grow to the size of whin bushes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

Also please stop pissing and pooping on the street. It is quite revolting seeing a young wan on her honkers scuttered drunk.

walshyp wrote: »
    Also please stop pissing and pooping on the street
    Jeez, what streets do you frequent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

When I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about this brain surgeon...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2779551/Woman-used-potato-contraceptive-hospitalised-began-grow-roots.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Jeez, what streets do you frequent?

Just look at the CCTV that covers the front entrance of shops on any Main Street in Ireland on a Friday or Saturday night. Something to witness alright

Just look at the CCTV that covers the front entrance of shops on any Main Street in Ireland on a Friday or Saturday night. Something to witness alright

Have you?

You've seen women regularly taking dumps all around the country via CCTV cameras?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

walshyp wrote: »
    Also please stop pissing and pooping on the street. It is quite revolting seeing a young wan on her honkers scuttered drunk.

A quick blast of a super soaker will sort her out.

Have you?

You've seen women regularly taking dumps all around the country via CCTV cameras?

Outside of my wife's old shop in Wexford, yes and outside my auld fellas shop in Dublin. Regular occurrence. Not pleasant to go in to work in the morning and find a present waiting for you and the cameras help you identify who it is. Roughly 50/50 on taking a piss but more lads taking a dump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

News just in: women of Ireland devastated and begging for immediate guidance on how to proceed.

Keep calm and laser them off.

Outside of my wife's old shop in Wexford, yes and outside my auld fellas shop in Dublin. Regular occurrence. Not pleasant to go in to work in the morning and find a present waiting for you and the cameras help you identify who it is. Roughly 50/50 on taking a piss but more lads taking a dump

Sounds more like some sort of smear campaign against your family in particular tbh. Do your shops sell human catnip or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I just think it is a shame that more women do not realise that the vast majority of them look better without any make-up.

That's pretty naive and patronising.

Some women use make-up to enhance their natural best features, and to minimise not-so-good features such as spots or dark circles etc. Most of these women know what make-up suits them. I think the majority of women fall within this bracket.

Some women prefer to embrace the natural look - imperfections and all - and don't use make-up. Nothing wrong with this.

Some women wear make-up that really doesn't suit them and looks ridiculous, and in my opinion these women would be better off wearing no make-up at all. But look, if they're happy, why would my opinion matter?!

• Advertisement

That's pretty naive and patronising.

Some women use make-up to enhance their natural best features, and to minimise not-so-good features such as spots or dark circles etc. Most of these women know what make-up suits them. I think the majority of women fall within this bracket.

What is your opinion of men that do this?

Intriguing how it's just women that get the auld "stop pissing and pooping in public" treatment (well it appears women are less guilty of the pooping) - not even those women who do it, but just "women" full stop.
    As opposed to... anyone who does it. It is indeed disgusting though.
    What is your opinion of men that do this?
    Well men don't really "use make-up to enhance their natural best features, and to minimise not-so-good features such as spots or dark circles etc" but the tiny minority that do... whatever floats their boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am eastern European myself and I don't know a single eastern European girl that did this to her eyebrows.
    I only sow this stunt on black girls/woman.

Intriguing how it's just women that get the auld "stop pissing and pooping in public" treatment (well it appears women are less guilty of the pooping) - not even those women who do it, but just "women" full stop.

Absolutely no idea as to what point you are trying to make there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Men, you know how you think that beer belly isn't really noticeable?It is.

What about food belly's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Ladies please don't shave your eyebrows and then paint them back on it looks hideous.

Pretty girl. Shame about the eyebrows.

Absolutely no idea as to what point you are trying to make there
    Come on now, surely you have some bit of an idea. It's hardly that obscure!

• Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Cerveja69

Here's some on behalf of the ladies.

Men, you know how you think that GAA shirt looks good? It doesn't.

Men, you know how you think that beer belly isn't really noticeable? It is.

Men, you know how you think that what you find attractive is what all women should be doing? It isn't.

Here's another on behalf of the ladies Candie (good, strong, feminist name might I add), admit that it looks awful. Natural beauty outshines fake beauty any day of the week. That's just a fact. A man starting a thread about women painting caterpillars above their eyes in place of eyebrows makes a decent valid point. It looks hideous. Man, woman, transvestite, it's irrelevant. It's not a gender issue so no need to try and humiliate men with beer bellies they thought were discreet.

Women with painted on eyebrows look ridiculous and I've often, as a women, wondered why on earth some women, particularly Polish women do this.

Bravo OP but trust 'Candie' if that is her real name, to make it a boys versus girls topic

Come on now, surely you have some bit of an idea. It's hardly that obscure!

No, seriously, I cannot follow the detail of the point you are trying to make.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Alot of them need it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm wearing purple lipstick. My brother asked me if I'm practising for Halloween. My OH is calling me mortisha. I'm out, and about 5 different girls told me how deadly my makeup is. I feel good.

This proves men know NAAAAATHING

I'm wearing purple lipstick. My brother asked me if I'm practising for Halloween. My OH is calling me mortisha. I'm out, and about 5 different girls told me how deadly my makeup is. I feel good.

This proves men know NAAAAATHING

Not really. It just proves that ye women are prone to group-think:p.

Yeah women aren't as honest with each other. If a man looks like a geebag he'll be fecking told he looks like a geebag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Yeah women aren't as honest with each other. If a man looks like a geebag he'll be fecking told he looks like a geebag.

My boyfriend tells me I look my best in the morning. Unshowered, messy hair, sleepy face.
    Makeup is my passion and I love doing absolutely crazy things with it. He hates it. Do I care? No. His opinion doesn't matter

Daveysil15 wrote: »

I think it's often the case that women like fashion on each other that men would find unattractive. I see stuff on a woman that looks cool....but it might not be sexy.

• Advertisement

My boyfriend tells me I look my best in the morning. Unshowered, messy hair, sleepy face.
    Makeup is my passion and I love doing absolutely crazy things with it. He hates it. Do I care? No. His opinion doesn't matter

I'm not sure what to make of that. Does your female friends opinions matter?

Not a great foundation, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Rubbish, you're feeding off a bunch of so called friends saying"oh yea, you look great babe"

Wasting hours putting crap on for nobodys and probably facebook no doubt.

Rubbish, you're feeding off a bunch of so called friends saying"oh yea, you look great babe"

Wasting hours putting crap on for nobodys and probably facebook no doubt.

Ah dear. Do you really believe all women are that insecure? Really O'Reilly?

Telling a woman she doesn't know her own mind is extremely belittling and patronising btw. How would you like if I told you what you thought about yourself was bull****?

I think it's often the case that women like fashion on each other that men would find unattractive. I see stuff on a woman that looks cool....but it might not be sexy.
    This. Audrey Hepburn and Kate Moss being the universal examples.

And yeh, make-up can be a person's passion - as far as I know, Lexie works in that industry.
    I love make-up too, although I love being subtle with it rather than experimental.

• Advertisement
Advertisement