Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling via USA

Options
  • 03-10-2014 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi.

I am travelling to Mexico on November 16th. I have booked flights with Aer Lingus from Dublin to New York. Then I have another set of flights with a different carrier from New York to Dallas and onto Guadalajara. I have an ESTA that is valid until Dec 14th, but do I need a VISA? to leave the secure area to recollect my tickets from the other carrier or what do I need to do to collect my boarding passes for the other flights?

Regards,
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Can you not just check in online with the second airline and have the boarding pass printed / on your phone.

Assuming you do pre immigration in dublin, you will arrive in JFK effectively as a domestic traveller and should not have to leave the secure area.

Assuming you can enter on the visa waiver program no need for a visa!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Fizzy Duck wrote: »
    Hi.

I am travelling to Mexico on November 16th. I have booked flights with Aer Lingus from Dublin to New York. Then I have another set of flights with a different carrier from New York to Dallas and onto Guadalajara. I have an ESTA that is valid until Dec 14th, but do I need a VISA? to leave the secure area to recollect my tickets from the other carrier or what do I need to do to collect my boarding passes for the other flights?

Regards,

Darren

If you have a valid ESTA then you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Fizzy Duck wrote: »
    Hi.

No. Your ESTA is the visa, that gets you into the US. Whether you enter the country proper, or you are just transiting through, you are good to go, as long as you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

That's great! I am so flustered at the moment I did not even think of the boarding pass on my phone. Thank you all. :)

Advertisement