Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick dog

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No good news unfortunately. She sniffed it alright but wouldn't touch it. I blended some up for her with extra ginger and syringed it into her mouth. She took about a mug of it. It's the only thing that she dosent throw back up apart from the hills food. She's ate nothing voluntarily yet so that's a bad sign. I'm clutching at straws now. I'll ask the vet if there's any pill she can take for the nausea and maybe that'll get her apetite back.

God love you, it's an awful situation to be in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Thanks to all for your input and help. I tried feeding her as best I could and exhausted all avenues. Today at 5 I knew by her she wasn't right. We brought her in at 7, lit the stove and she lay on an old duvet in front of it. At 9 she started to decline and sadly died an hour ago.
    I'm happy now that she's at peace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'm so sorry to read this dtp, very sad.
    But as you say, her suffering is over now, there was no more you could do for her. I'm sure it'll be very hard to get used to her not being about any more.:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Thanks to all for your input and help. I tried feeding her as best I could and exhausted all avenues. Today at 5 I knew by her she wasn't right. We brought her in at 7, lit the stove and she lay on an old duvet in front of it. At 9 she started to decline and sadly died an hour ago.
    I'm happy now that she's at peace.

Cherish all of the memories of happier times, think of how you cared for her right up to the end, and mind you and your family.

very sorry to read your news :( it shows what a bond you had that you recognised how poorly she was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm so sorry for your loss, but how lovely that she drifted away, with the people she loved, a peaceful passing. Take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Am so sorry to hear she has passed away. Take comfort that you were with her & she was surrounded by her own smells & family in the comfort of her own home.

Mind yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

Very sorry for your loss OP. You did everything you could and gave your dog a happy life. Sounds like shr just drifted off in the end. It's a tough time but it gets easier

I'm so sorry for your loss. Comfort yourself with the thought that you did your very best for her. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending you my very best wishes. Maryanne x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

she was lovely. how nice for both of you that she drifted away in her own home, and no stress of vets and having to make that awful decision. hugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

aonb wrote: »
    she was lovely. how nice for both of you that she drifted away in her own home, and no stress of vets and having to make that awful decision. hugs

+1 I was going to say the same thing - no stress just peace and being with her owners. Sorry for your loss OP :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement