If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My beloved Marantz SR4200 is dead...

Options
  • 03-10-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi RS, Boardies,

A quick question. My (dear) old Marantz SR4200 is dead. I don't know what is up and I need to look at it again, but I think my little darling daughter has potentially blown it pushing buttons on and off and on again. I have had for it 10+ years at this stage, it was the mainstay in my Surround Sound System.

Anyway - if I have to upgrade to a new AV receiver - can you recommend something? I have a HTPC connected to it, as well as DVD, UPC and TV. It's using an Input primarily of RCA cables today as HDMI didn't exist back when I bought it. But obviously if I'm upgrading I will try to use HDMI where I can (PC doesn't have HDMI, only has RCA) 

The area I don't know alot about is I haven't really researched if WiFi is a must have in Amps these days - what is peoples view on this? 

And of course the big question is what do you recommend and any special deals in at the moment?

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chief robert

Hi again,

So after doing some researching over the weekend (and trying in vain to recover the Marantz) I think I'm looking at the RXV377 as a potential replacement for the SR4200. It's coming down to what AV receiver has the best mix of HDMI and Composite Inputs.

What do you think and is there any nice price available for this?

Thanks,

Rob

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi again,

So after doing some researching over the weekend (and trying in vain to recover the Marantz) I think I'm looking at the RXV377 as a potential replacement for the SR4200. It's coming down to what AV receiver has the best mix of HDMI and Composite Inputs.

What do you think and is there any nice price available for this?

Thanks,

Rob
    Chief,

Yep I'd recommend the RXV377 as a reasonable replacement for the SR4002 - its currently at €298 including delivery which is a pretty hot price - if you wanted a step up I would go to the Denon AVRX2100 which has just had a price drop over the weekend to just €569.99 - again including delivery - the 2100 has 8 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs and also has 2 composite inputs so its pretty well equipped!
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200718-avrx2100.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Sorry but just wanted to check if you have any of the Yamaha RX-V477 in stock, and if so how much?
    I see that they have the AirPlay, Smusic streaming service and AV Controller app, which might be worth getting?

Thanks,

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Rob, currently we are out of the 477 however we do have more stock due in on Friday morning.

The 477 does have the added features and to be honest in this network society, it does make sense if you will make use of the features.

The 477 is currently 374.99 Euro including delivery.

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200457-rxv477.aspx

and I believe us to be the cheapest online at that price, but let us know if you see it cheaper.

You can order this online and we will ship it on Friday to be with you Monday or drop us a contact number by PM if you prefer us to call you.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I will place the order online now - can you confirm that the 477's arrived today as scheduled?

Thanks again,

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Dave,

I will place the order online now - can you confirm that the 477's arrived today as scheduled?

Thanks again,

Rob
    Rob,

thanks for the post, call and order!

All sorted - will be in a DPD van within the hour so you will have it Monday..

Thanks as ever,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.