Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Everton Match Thread. 5/10/'14 k/o 12.00 BT Sport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

There must be a LOT of disappointed posters lurking on this thread right now, probably had their post ready and all for "when" Baines scored. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Headshot wrote: »
    Thats why he's among the top 3 goalies in the world

He's a superb keeper but not in the top 3. Was a good save but not a great peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Talksport taking Rojo apart in the HT summary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

**** Yeah!!!!phew that could of been a disaster just before half time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    How's European football treating united?

Oh, wait

And the award for most irrelevant post of the day goes to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

niallo27 wrote: »
    Was it a pen. Didn't shaw get the ball. I'll have to see it again.

Even if he did, Friend was always going to give it.. Dying to get involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

It's always going to be a peno when you slide tackle a player from behind, even if you got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I don't think it was a penalty l, we really are not getting any luck with ref's this season.

Good half our movement and play has overall been good, I think we've taken our foot off the peddle since the goal and allowed them back into it a little bit aside from that a good half.

Front 3 look better without Rooney. I'd leave mats as the 10 and alternate the 3 strikers. Much better I feel this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

He's being he's bravely he's Spanish Dave he makes great saves he never shaves...

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    It's always going to be a peno when you slide tackle a player from behind, even if you got the ball.

He came in from the side though? Well a. The an angle definitely not from behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Even if he did, Friend was always going to give it.. Dying to get involved

Looked like a stone wall when watching it in real time in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I don't think it was a penalty l, we really are not getting any luck with ref's this season.

Good half our movement and play has overall been good, I think we've taken our foot off the peddle since the goal and allowed them back into it a little bit aside from that a good half.

Front 3 look better without Rooney. I'd leave mats as the 10 and alternate the 3 strikers. Much better I feel this way

I agree - Shaw was reckless but got enough on the ball. Never a Peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Huh? He was 3rd choice for an awful world cup side only a few months ago.

What? Who exactly are the other two?

Over the last 2 years I would take Neuer and Courtois over him, and have DDG on par with a few others just below those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

keano25 wrote: »
    He's being he's bravely he's Spanish Dave he makes great saves he never shaves...

huh!?! Very early to be this drunk i think.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Billy86 wrote: »
    There must be a LOT of disappointed posters lurking on this thread right now, probably had their post ready and all for "when" Baines scored. :pac:

Ya but we dont have European football, plus we spent alot of money in the summer.

Thats what really matters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Because he saved a pen?

What a banal post.

Nobody's claiming that he's a top 'keeper because he saved a penalty.

The point is that that top class 'keepers pull off saves at key points in games.

It's their MO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

ADM, Rafael and McNair all had good halves, and of course Big Dave saved a penalty, but the standout man for me has been Blind, he's just incredible. The midfielder we've all wanted for the past 7/8 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

8-10 wrote: »

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lol like that has any relevance whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Big save at a crucial time, well done Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thank f*ck for Dave at the end there. Don't think it was a penalty myself, I was sure Shaw got to the ball first.

edit: Maybe it was on second viewing, could have gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Very solid half from United - a win here could be massive for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What? Who exactly are the other two?

You're dying to get in here and tell us how brilliant Courtois is aren't you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

He came in from the side though? Well a. The an angle definitely not from behind
    I'll have a look at it again and if the player goes down then the ref will always give it. I remember Gary Neville saying a player will go down in the box with any form of contact and the ref normally always gives it.

Never in doubt Niallo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Billy86 wrote: »
    Over the last 2 years I would take Neuer and Courtois over him, and have DDG on par with a few others just below those two.

He's certainly a talented goalkeeper whose done well to establish himself as Man Utd number 1 but I feel safe in saying over the course of the last 2 seasons he hasn't been amongst the top 3 keepers in the world.

Nailz wrote: »
    ADM, Rafael and McNair all had good halves, and of course Big Dave saved a penalty, but the standout man for me has been Blind, he's just incredible. The midfielder we've all wanted for the past 7/8 years!

Have to agree he's the vital cog we've been missing for all those years, he always makes himself available and is always getting into great covering positions. He's just a really intelligent player who does the simple things correctly. LOVE IT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You're dying to get in here and tell us how brilliant Courtois is aren't you

I don't have to, you'll see it for yourself later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Talksport taking Rojo apart in the HT summary.

Has he been bad? Only seen last 10 minutes he seemed ok to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Absolutely. Even if he did get the ball I don't think he should've dived in, it looked like an ill-thought out decision from Shaw in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was looking forward to this game but it's piss poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kryogen wrote: »
    lol like that has any relevance whatsoever

Of course it does. Casillas is first choice for Spain, because he's a better keeper than de Gea, and he still is. de Gea is not one of the top 3 in the world. Chelsea alone have 2 keeper's better than him IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Glad that pen was saved

He's certainly a talented goalkeeper whose done well to establish himself as Man Utd number 1 but I feel safe in saying over the course of the last 2 seasons he hasn't been amongst the top 3 keepers in the world.
    Which is why I said he is tied up with a few in the tier under Neuer/Courtois. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I just love Di Maria. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

sky88 wrote: »

No, I don't remember him making a mistake, definitely not a performance to be "ripped apart" over.

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I'll have a look at it again and if the player goes down then the ref will always give it. I remember Gary Neville saying a player will go down in the box with any form of contact and the ref normally always gives it.

Oh look, in real time it looked stonewall, even said it myself. Sadly the ref's don't have the benefit of 20 replays. It was a hard decision to make and the linesman is probably blindsided with the position it happened in.

I can understand the decision in real time. This is why I think each team should get 1 challenge a game, kinda like the NFL. It would also probably take a lot of pressure off ref's also

Was looking forward to this game but it's piss poor.

Agreed. Everton have been brutal and United very narrow so both teams gcoughing up possession in the middle

What a banal post.

Nobody's claiming that he's a top 'keeper because he saved a penalty.

The point is that that top class 'keepers pull off saves at key points in games.

It's their MO.

DDG saves a penalty. - "That's why he's in the top 3 keepers in the world"

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Of course it does. Casillas is first choice for Spain, because he's a better keeper than de Gea, and he still is. de Gea is not one of the top 3 in the world. Chelsea alone have 2 keeper's better than him IMO

Bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lolz

Wasn't, for example sake, Coutinho left out altogether of the Brazil team??

Absolutely rubbish player so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Very impressed with McNair. Calm and assured on the ball. Had the sense not to hack Lukaku down in the box when other more experienced players would have done just that. Great header won against Lukaku too.

Excellent half from Rafael also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Good save De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol quite funny getting worked up over someones opinion of a player

Hibbert the best RB in the league too while we're at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

sky88 wrote: »

Keeps putting McNair under pressure with some really weak cross field passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Casillas currently isn't as good as DDG biased or not he just isn't, Classic case of what wasn't broke with del bosque and rightly so.

Casillas has been off form for around 2 years. I don't think Cech is better than De Gea either.

Not into definitive lists anyway. De Gea is great. So are all the other keepers mentioned

• Advertisement
Advertisement