Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Dublin that serve extremely spicy food?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

My boyfriend loves spicy food, and was thinkig about bringing him to a restaurant that serves really really hot food,any ideas? or places in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Misscpmfan I've moved your thread to the Dublin city forum as it wasn't suited to gifts & festivities. Their charter now applies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Cortinas Dundrum. Wings with ghost chili salsa. I needed to go to McDonald's after for a milk shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Nandos? I couldn't go up the next level sauce because the xtra was too much for me. +I only ordered 'medium' level chicken.

http://www.nandos.ie/restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What type of cuisine? Indian is the obvious choice. I recommend Diwali on South Georges St. Plenty of spicy dishes in their menu and variety of tastes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nandos isn't that spicy if you're a fan of hot food. I've lathered chicken in their extra hot sauce and it's got a good kick but nothing too extreme.

If you go to Kho in the so called Italian Quarter you can get the chef to make the dish extra spicy. I got the hottest dish on the menu (4 stars I think) and asked them to make it hotter. One of the hottest meals I've had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Ixoy's got a good point, ask the waiter for extra spice.

Monty's of Kathmandu is a brilliant little spicy gem in Temple Bar. Excellent, unique, spicy food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Mongolian barbique in temple bar.
    You put your own spices on and make your own dish!
    The all you can eat is good value as is the lunch special

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Thai House in Dalkey. The hottest thing I have eaten in this country was in there. I was still paying for it a week later. It's a proper Thai restaurant run by Thais.

Oh, and the Chili Club on St Anne's lane is a great spot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

My boyfriend is the same OP :) there's a Chinese on wexford St I think that does a dish with peppers in it that he loved. Or the porterhouse central on Nassau St dies Thai fire chicken wings that are very very hot. So hot he couldn't finish them, a first in the time I've known him.

Let me know if you find anything good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GinnyR

+1 for Thai House. Lovely food, gem of a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

If your boyfriend is into indian food you could bring him to a restaurant and order a phall. Vindaloo is too weak for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If your boyfriend is into indian food you could bring him to a restaurant and order a phall. Vindaloo is too weak for me

Jaysus fleet, they won't even serve that in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Spicy and hot are not the same thing although from the OPs post I take it they are looking for both :confused:

If you want a dish that is both spicy and hot (more on the hot side) then I'd recommend a phall. It's not something I could manage personally and even a vindaloo sometimes defeats me (depends on where though as some places make it piss weak)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Baan Thai. Their definition of "mild" is dubious, and "spicy" may as well be a synonym for rocket fuel :pac:

Aard wrote: »
    Baan Thai. Their definition of "mild" is dubious, and "spicy" may as well be a synonym for rocket fuel :pac:

Where abouts is Baan Thai? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Sandyford. The location is a little weird tbh, its on the first floor of one of the office blocks near Bewleys Hotel, but it's been full most times I've been there so maybe ring in advance to see if you need to make a reservation. The food is very good.

Aard wrote: »
    Sandyford. The location is a little weird tbh, its on the first floor of one of the office blocks near Bewleys Hotel, but it's been full most times I've been there so maybe ring in advance to see if you need to make a reservation. The food is very good.

Thanks I'll give it a try next time I'm over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MissCatherine_

There is a Baan Thai is Ballsbridge too- Merrion Road- next door to Paddy Cullen's/Mary Macs. It is on the first floor of the building next door to the pubs.

Brilliant place and I'm glad to say very local to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Cortinas Dundrum. Wings with ghost chili salsa. I needed to go to McDonald's after for a milk shake.
    That's a bit of an understatement! A friend agreed to pay for the beers after if I got through them with only a small glass of water (which doesn't exactly help!). Got through them but all the milk and ice cream in the world did nothing to help. Two days later I still had a pain in the pit of my stomach and it burned like hell to take a wee, burp or... do other things of the sort. :p

I should have taken the hint when they made me sign the medical waiver beforehand. Genuinely got a serious head rush when I stood up after, and I love spicy foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭misscpmfan

Thanks everyone! Only seeing these now! Going to show him the places you all sent and see what he says :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement