Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs. Arsenal match thread. 5/10/14 2.05pm (SS1)

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

courtious is fine the doc said he was fit to continue but i think the new fa rule on head injurys overruled her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Been hearing this for years, want a wager? ;)

I'll take a wager. Won money when people said Spurs would finish ahead of them 2 years ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

As you witness Eden Hazard glide over the Stamford Bridge turf, be in no doubt that the magnificent Belgian is the greatest footballer plying his trade in these isles. The glistening gem in Chelsea's attacking crown, Hazard can conquer the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think Matic played very well today and shows what a good cm can bring to a team. Had Arsenal a figure like Matic next to Wilshire theyed have been a different prospect.

Flamini isn't good enough, but he was grand today. Other players were the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Flamini isn't good enough, but he was grand today. Other players were the problem.

Ya he was alright but matic and cesc were much better so wilshire had a lot to do.

Cazorla was poor enough, Welbeck was isolated and Ozil was poor. Sanchez was a threat but wasnt very effective.

Still, the game was closer than 2-0 suggests.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Enjoyed the match today, Hazards dribble for the penalty was Messi-esque. Thought Arsenal never really looked like threatening the Chelsea goal, once they hit the Chelsea backline they look devoid of insiration and didn't have a whole lot to bring off the bench to change things.

Costa is a machine, hard to look past Chelsea for the title, but it's early days.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

As you witness Eden Hazard glide over the Stamford Bridge turf, be in no doubt that the magnificent Belgian is the greatest footballer plying his trade in these isles. The glistening gem in Chelsea's attacking crown, Hazard can conquer the world.

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas, anyway. An Eden Hazard poster and a set of dictionaries/thesauruses.

Your little commentaries are nearly as entertaining as the match itself! :D

Keep it up!

DazMarz wrote: »
    I know what I'm getting you for Christmas, anyway. An Eden Hazard poster and a set of dictionaries/thesauruses.

Your little commentaries are nearly as entertaining as the match itself! :D

Keep it up!

Whose to say I haven't already got both :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Whose to say I haven't already got both :P

You can never have enough Hazard and dictionaries.

DazMarz wrote: »
    You can never have enough Hazard and dictionaries.

I couldn't agree more, maybe hold off until May for the Hazard poster though, I'd like one of him holding the Premier League trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I couldn't agree more, maybe hold off until May for the Hazard poster though, I'd like one of him holding the Premier League trophy.

Hopefully anyway ;)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm starting ALL the match threads!

Delighted with the result and I was right, really tough game. Fairly attritional as well.

Could've gone either way up to the Costa goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

He's a dead beat at this stage, he's not cut out for this level anymore.

He's so predictable, consistently poor signings along zero backbone.

are you for real ?? -
    a predictable deadbeat who on a relative shoestring has won doubles , won the league unbeaten , countless cups - all playing class football , at a level above everyone else .

As for poor signings - henry, viera, anelka, petit , van persie , fabregas, ramsey all on the cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

thebaz wrote: »
    are you for real ?? -
    a predictable deadbeat who on a relative shoestring has won doubles , won the league unbeaten , countless cups - all playing class football , at a level above everyone else .

As for poor signings - henry, viera, anelka, petit , van persie , fabregas, ramsey all on the cheap

Trappatoni has won countless trophies. But Managers, like players, can decline. I think recent years will show Wenger is certainly on the down.

As a side note. You can drop the high and mighty "godly" style of football. Its subjective but Arsenal did play a nice passing game. I, among many others, prefer a fast counter attacking game. But to each their own. Wenger seems content to have the team as also rans these years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Chelsea were the much better team, arsenal aren't title contenders, top 4 Yes, It's gonna be another long season.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    T

As a side note. You can drop the high and mighty "godly" style of football. I

Yes sir - loved being told what I can think - sorry for liking a purer style of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yes sir - loved being told what I can think - sorry for liking a purer style of football

You didn't mean it subjectively you said it objectively. In fact its ironic in that you're telling us it was an objectively better style of football when now you're getting annoyed for "Being told what you can think" There is no "Pure" style of football. There's no right or wrong way to play. There's effective and ineffective. (So long as both methods are above board)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Even the Chelsea fans think its over.

Still long way to go.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    There's no right or wrong way to play. There's effective and ineffective.

i believe there is a right way to play football, and probably the majority of football fans would prefer football played in then true Brazilian / Barcelona / Man United style - sure some people enjoy lump it up long ball football , as long as they get results - I don't - and have struggled watching Irish teams not playing football the right way - and struggled watching my team , under Moyes , yeah it was effective , but pleasant on the eye - No - each to there own

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

i believe there is a right way to play football, and probably the majority of football fans would prefer football played in then true Brazilian / Barcelona / Man United style - sure some people enjoy lump it up long ball football , as long as they get results - I don't - and have struggled watching Irish teams not playing football the right way - and struggled watching my team , under Moyes , yeah it was effective , but pleasant on the eye - No - each to there own

If everyone played football the 'right way' I dont think it would be as enjoyable as it is. I love watching games that differ tactically its one of the more facinating parts of the game. Its great to watch a game see how one coach has or attemped to out think the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

i believe there is a right way to play football, and probably the majority of football fans would prefer football played in then true Brazilian / Barcelona / Man United style -n

lol wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Even the Chelsea fans think its over.

Still long way to go.

Was that decided at the last board meeting?!
    Well fock it, missed that bit!

Relax the kacks league chasers, long season to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Panthro wrote: »
    Was that decided at the last board meeting?!
    Well fock it, missed that bit!

Relax the kacks league chasers, long season to go yet.

Sure United ain't league contenders ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sure United ain't league contenders ;)

I wouldn't discriminate against any team!

Advertisement