Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs. Arsenal match thread. 5/10/14 2.05pm (SS1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Regardless of his skill on the pitch, he is an odious creature.

You were talking about neutrals. Friends of mine which would be neutrals to this match wouldn't support the sleeping-with-his-team-mates-wife racist.

You wanted a reason, I gave you one.

Why is Terry hated so much, yet Giggs gets no abuse whatsoever for doing it with his sister in law ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Regardless of his skill on the pitch, he is an odious creature.

You were talking about neutrals. Friends of mine which would be neutrals to this match wouldn't support the sleeping-with-his-team-mates-wife racist.

You wanted a reason, I gave you one.
    Yes, I was talking about neutrals. However, about football. It's perfectly possible to enjoy the way Chelsea are playing, as I and other non-Gooners enjoyed Arsene Wenger's team in their pomp.

Of course there are those who will forever obsess about one man's personal failings, but I wouldn't judge Terry in perpetuity on his infidelities (are you certain he's *actually* a 'racist'?), let alone whole Chelsea teams, recent and present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cesc and JT goals today would make this thread interesting to say the least. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Why is Terry hated so much, yet Giggs gets no abuse whatsoever for doing it with his sister in law ?
    Yes indeed. A sense of proportion is an admirable trait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cesc and JT goals today would make this thread interesting to say the least. :pac:

Gav, you're an awful pup!

Panthro wrote: »
    Gav, you're an awful pup!

Well id take any goals and win to be honest. Keep the distance between us and city and push Arsenal back.

Chelsea team to play Arsenal: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, JT (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Chelsea subs: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Willian, Salah, Remy. #CFC

Surprised Schurrle is starting over Willian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cesc and Andre for the 2-0 win

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Arsenal team v Chelsea: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck.

Panthro wrote: »
    Cesc and Andre for the 2-0 win

I reckon we'll ship at least 1 goal but still win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

x PyRo wrote: »
    Arsenal team v Chelsea: Szczesny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck.

Hard on Ox. He 's been excellent in the last couple of games.

Really not liking the Arsenal line up. Predictably safe, but not strong in offence or defence.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Really not liking the Arsenal line up. Predictably safe, but not strong in offence or defence.

The attack is excellent, rivals anyone in the league if they all play well but Flamini needs to have a big game next to wilshire to stop matic and cesc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

x PyRo wrote: »

Looks like it could be going 4-2-3-1 maybe. Harsh on Ox but I like him coming off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just going to check the odds on Flamini getting sent off...

The attack is excellent, rivals anyone in the league if they all play well but Flamini needs to have a big game next to wilshire to stop matic and cesc

Very true. I hope the plan is to get the Ox on to have a run at a tired, slow Chelsea defence towards then end if Arsenal are still in with a sniff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I haven't looked forward to an Arsenal game less than I have this one. I've just had an overall feeling inevitability all week.

Seeing the team does nothing to change my mind. With Cazorla and Ozil in the same team that means we are already two men down when defending, three if you consider how many times Wilshire will lose the ball.

Can't see us taking anything from this game unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just going to check the odds on Flamini getting sent off...

Chambers for a yellow is just over 2/1. 4 in the league so far this season!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quazzie wrote: »
    I haven't looked forward to an Arsenal game less than I have this one. I've just had an overall feeling inevitability all week.

Seeing the team does nothing to change my mind. With Cazorla and Ozil in the same team that means we are already two men down when defending, three if you consider how many times Wilshire will lose the ball.

Can't see us taking anything from this game unfortunately.

Cazorla has put a good shift in defensively this season so far imo. Don't expect a result here today either but would be delighted if we got one, draw would be great even.

Need an early goal to have a chance I think as a clean sheet is unlikely.

Kick off delayed by 15 minutes due to "an incident."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Kick off delayed by 15 minutes due to "an incident."

Arsenal fans letting off flares......noobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dammit Arsenal fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Arsenal fans letting off flares? Doesn't really sound like us at all...

It appears Chelsea have decided to stop innocent Arsenal fans from getting into the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Flares? Bought off the Galatasaray fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's the 2nd time that Gooners have been firing flares off recently (the club are under investigation after the Gala game)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

There must be a cheap flare sale in North London.

Feckin eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

kick off delayed due to flares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That's the 2nd time that Gooners have been firing flares off recently (the club are under investigation after the Gala game)
    It was Galatasaray fans the first time, so no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

**** sake another 15min wait

Yeaa, luckily our captain Schneider asked our fans to stop it at the Gala game....

.... oh no wait thats not right. :rolleyes:

Arsenal fans trying to disrupt the game. Poor form. It wont change the outcome. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Incorrect they are under investigation for improper searches of Gala fans who had em.

Gooners must have bought there left overs on the way out

According to fans inside stadium, no flares have been set off and the delay is due to the stadium being understaffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It was Galatasaray fans the first time, so no.

Yep, my error, clearly Arsenal gathered up the unused ones for the away crowd today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Arsenal fans trying to disrupt the game. Poor form. It wont change the outcome. :pac:

Can we just skip the first 15 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's not like you to look for a reaction from people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

That head to head table from last season that Sky showed really is some amazing viewing. Chelsea topped it by 5 pts.

According to fans inside stadium, no flares have been set off and the delay is due to the stadium being understaffed.

Chelsea should be made play all their home games behind closed doors if they can't provide adequate staff numbers :pac:

On a positive note, I was expecting to be two nil down at this time today, so it's all good. :P

Can we just skip the first 15 minutes?

Ya just start at the 15mins be grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We havent conceded yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

By all accounts there haven't been any flares let off inside the stadium. Must have been outside

I assumed the delay was for the late finish to the United match.

• Advertisement

By all accounts there haven't been any flares let off inside the stadium. Must have been outside

There was no flares let off. Chelsea are searching all Arsenal fans for flares and they didn't provide enough staff, or underestimated the time required to do this so it's holding everything up.

Come on ta f**k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You should work for the Daily Mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fantastic??? Sky need to chill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Pumped for this, tight game I think and Welbeck & Sanchez could cause trouble but think we'll take it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement