Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB waiting times?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

To make it short I've a 3rd party dispute with the landlord of a rented house next door to me. I brought my case to the PRTB 5 weeks ago .I called them to check on how much longer i needed to wait as the noise situation is getting beyond stressful .They said all they could say was the case was excepted and sent forward...has anyone had dealings with them before of a similar situation? And if so how long did the process take?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A very long long time!

My case is going 9 months and still at least 3 months before its sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jajk

godtabh wrote: »
    A very long long time!

You can't serious? Is yours a 3rd party dispute also?

godtabh wrote: »
    A very long long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Corinthcanal

jajk wrote: »
    The PRTB is a disgrace. No civilised country should have such a body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Op the news is worse than that, I took me 2 years with the help of a solicitor friend, to get a deposit back, they are the most useless bunch ever, even if and when you succeed, they have no powers of enforcement:eek:

• Advertisement

I actually feel sick reading the above comments.I really taught this was the way forward and would solve what has been a nightmare for me and my family.
    Where to turn to next?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

dharn wrote: »
    Op the news is worse than that, I took me 2 years with the help of a solicitor friend, to get a deposit back, they are the most useless bunch ever, even if and when you succeed, they have no powers of enforcement:eek:

What exactly do you mean no powers of enforcement? They can enforce their decisions through the circuit court and can prosecute criminally in serious cases. Never heard of a 2 year wait either to be honest

You answered your own question, they eventually find in your favour, so expect your money back shortly, nothing happens, you contact them,.. o we will write to him, nothing... contact them again, oh we will contact him, ... nothing,.... contact again ,,, o we will have to take him to court...... you get the picture.... 2 years it took :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Have a read of this theres oter ways tackle it GL :)
    (readd the www i cant post links )
    citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/environmental_protection/noise_regulations.html

To make it short I've a 3rd party dispute with the landlord of a rented house next door to me. I brought my case to the PRTB 5 weeks ago .I called them to check on how much longer i needed to wait as the noise situation is getting beyond stressful .They said all they could say was the case was excepted and sent forward...has anyone had dealings with them before of a similar situation? And if so how long did the process take?

I thought the ptrb was for dispute between tenant and landlord, you are a neighbour, unless he is your landlord too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Is there not a fast track option available now ? Check the website. I brought a case and had an enforcement order I would guess 4 months later I found them very fair and efficient and they can enforce their decisions in the circuit court. Lots of people expect miracles but they have to work within certain parameters and a certain amount of staff also cases are presented to them in a very disorganised manner quite often I recon. What do you hope to achieve with the PRTB ? In your case would you not be better to contact Garai if it's after 12pm also work with and not against the landlord.

dharn wrote: »
    I thought the ptrb was for dispute between tenant and landlord, you are a neighbour, unless he is your landlord too

I own my house he's is not my landlord. Yes the Prtb have a option in disputes for a 3rd party dispute against landlords ,of rented houses that keep neighbours up all night

I own my house he's is not my landlord. Yes the Prtb have a option in disputes for a 3rd party dispute against landlords ,of rented houses that keep neighbours up all night
    Call the Gardai and keep calling them if it's a second past 12pm it will make the noisy neighbours life difficult And strengthen your case. That's why we pay taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

I was waiting 7 months for a hearing in Galway.
    The hearing was a bit of a joke too.
    Landlord and agent admitted never paying the PRTB fees and the PRTB official laughed it off saying it was not his problem and not to worry about it. All three also stayed behind afterwards to have a bit of a chat.
    I lost all faith in the PRTB after that. I did not find it fair at all.

Unfortunately the landlord is such person that cannot be worked with. He lives in a different county and basically doesn't care .Gardai can only call and ask them to keep the music down which does not work.All i want is to be able to go to bed at night and actually sleep .
    He should be held responsible for his property

Unfortunately the landlord is such person that cannot be worked with. He lives in a different county and basically doesn't care .Gardai can only call and ask them to keep the music down which does not work.All i want is to be able to go to bed at night and actually sleep .
    He should be held responsible for his property
    The Gardai are responsible for keeping the peace they can tell not "ask" them to turn it down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

In my case dispute was started last december. Hearing was in August. Adjudication came in September. 3 weeks to appeal has passed. Adjudication has to be again approved by the board (up to a month) and then 56 days for them to pay. I dont think I've a snow balls chance of seeing the money.

That proves my post, they are absolutely useless, op dont waste your time with the ptrb, you will just have to tackle the noisy neighbours directly via the gardai

Advertisement