Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall lights ebay

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there, apologies if this is a stupid question.

I want to buy wall lights for my living room.
    If I buy some on ebay, how do I know if they will be compatible with Ireland?

I dont want to buy them and then call the electrician, only to be told that they are the wrong voltage or something.

I cant post links to the ones i am interested in as i am a new user. But they are from germany, uk and usa.
    Many thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

Put up the link and somebody will help. Voltage (V) and frequency (Hz) are the main things to consider, you generally need wall light to be rated up to 240 volt is fairly standard. Frequency does generally not be an issue unless the light has a built in in transformer etc although many manufacturers are building electronics to range between 50-60 Hz. As i said put up the link or spec and someone here can determine for you.

Advertisement