Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New iPhone 6 - won't restore from iphone 5

• 03-10-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

Any help appreciated. Backed up my iphone5 to iTunes and then started new iphone 6 to restore from back up. Iphone 5 using ios7.1.2. After a couple if minutes itunes tells me it can't restore due to a corrupt or incompatible backup. Any ideas?? Need contacts etc do would prefer not to start as new phone. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rossieboy

Would you be able to try an icloud backup instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

rossieboy wrote: »
    Would you be able to try an icloud backup instead?

I'll give it a go. I was wondering if it was ios related. As in both on different versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Dumb question but has to be asked... Have you tried doing another backup of your iPhone 5?

EmmetOT wrote: »
    Dumb question but has to be asked... Have you tried doing another backup of your iPhone 5?

Yep. Removed a couple of photos as well so that it would create a different backup. Same result.

Dermoth wrote: »
    I'll give it a go. I was wondering if it was ios related. As in both on different versions.

Yeah I would Defo try backing the 5 up on icloud & restoring it to the 6 during the set up of the 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I had this same problem when updating from iOS 7 to 8. I updated the same device though and got the same message. I ended up setting up as a new device.

I had no idea why it didn't work, but now I think it might of been down to storage space. My iPad was low on storage and the iOS 8 update took up more space by a considerable amount. Try freeing up 2-3GB if you can and backup, then try again. It's a guess but seems to be the only issue I could think of.

Yeah I would Defo try backing the 5 up on icloud & restoring it to the 6 during the set up of the 6.

Did you get sorted?

Did you get sorted?

Thanks for all the help. Took about 20 hours to backup to iCloud but that seems to have done the trick. Really appreciate it!

Thanks for all the help. Took about 20 hours to backup to iCloud but that seems to have done the trick. Really appreciate it!

May have spoke too soon. Just got a message that not everything could be restored. Photos not there yet but showing as downloading. Not sure yet what else isn't there.

Apps that had downloaded are now failing. Saying unable to download but I had already used them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apps that had downloaded are now failing. Saying unable to download but I had already used them.

Try clearing space, then backing up and restoring to new iPhone.

Advertisement