Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poster frames in cork

Options
  • 03-10-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i'm after buying some 33 x 48 cm posters for my class and am looking for some cheapish black frames to put them in. any recommendations?!
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have been looking recently for a jigsaw puzzle and it seems I am afraid they are hard to come by.. Maybe actually Ikea would do them but youd need to go up or if they ordered on line..

After that the Frame Maker the one in Carrigaline anywho had ones but your talking €30 for one. he might cut you a deal maybe if you called in, he is very nice there I will say..

I tried homestore and they don't have anything that size.. Could chance HMV or whatever it is now, they used to sell some for movie posters but haven't been there, if they do let me know...

Then the only option id say is call to the pound shops and get some posters already framed and just through away the pictures..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

They have black poster frames in hmv down the back under the posters. I think the largest ones were 25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

oh thank you.. I knew it and wasn't I only in town the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thorin

Poster frames are a nightmare to find, especially in irregular sizes. I've got a large collection of posters and prints, but I've only a couple of the more standard-sized ones framed.

At this point, I've pretty much decided to make my own. Does anyone know a store or site that sells picture frame mouldings, or somewhere near Cork city that I could get glass cut to the appropriate sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

b&q in mahon point used to have them ,might be worth a phone call to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks for the suggestions. ended up getting them off donworth direct. won't be the perfect size but the price was good!

Advertisement