Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I go about closing a student bank account?

Options
  • 03-10-2014 11:49pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I signed up for a student current account and since I already have a bank account I feel it is not worth paying the €5 a year for the card. Could I please be advised how I can close one and how long the process takes?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Mr. G,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To close an account you can call into any branch with valid photo id. If you are unable to call in during opening hours, you can send a signed written request to your account holding branch. If there is a balance in the account, please let the branch know if you would like this issued by bank draft or transferred to another account. 

When a branch receives a request to close a current account any outstanding fees or interest will be deducted from the balance and then the account is closed immediately. A closing statement will be issued to you.

Just to mention, if you are currently registered for eStatements on the account, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure the closing statement is issued to you by post.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement