Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Ranges in England: Info for writer

Options
  • 04-10-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi all, You were great helping me the last time I asked for some info here.

I would like to know where in England, as close as possible to London, there might be outdoor government/military shooting ranges where they might have suburban training for police/secret service ?

Don't need completely accurate info ... just looking for locations where that 'sort' of thing might be carried on from time to time :)

I see info on possible locations in Northumberland National Park and in Swanage on the south coast .. but not sure if these are just artillery only.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

You might look at Bisley in Surry

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

The facility where the British Army practice house-to-house fighting might also work for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copehill_Down

That's the kind of thing I think you meant by "suburban".

For where the Metropolitan Police do their training, search for "Milton Ranges".

The folks in the Emergency Services and/or Military forums might have better information for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Nice info there guys. Greatly appreciated ! I will follow up on them.

Advertisement