Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 gone dead

Options
  • 04-10-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all hoping for some info on a problem I have with a HKC 1070.
    A while back the alarm stopped making the beep beep sound as I entered the house but the alarm was still armed as I tested it by walking in front of the pir.
    It worked as normal without the beep beep from keypad.
    This week it started to say Rkp comms fault and would not respond and then the internal siren began to sound continuously.
    I disconnected it and then a day later the keypad died completely.
    Now the external bell is sounding for 1 second every couple of minutes.
    There is mains getting to the unit and the fuse is good.
    There is only 2v across the battery and there is only 2v AC coming from transformer.
    I am assuming the rest of the faults started showing up because it was running on the battery but it never gave a mains fault on the display.
    The fact that the beep beep sound stopped and it never gave a mains fault leads me to believe the board may have gone faulty?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is information security. Ask in the home security forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved with redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP,
    Proceeding with upmost caution, could you check where the mains is connected to the terminal block before the transformer and see if you have 220 volts on both sides of that, ie entering and leaving it.

If so then the transformer in your panel is faulty, if not then check why the electricity is not getting to your panel. The mains fuse may also be blown but you will determine that by checking the mains on both sides as mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

It does seem like it may be the power supply. How old is the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

devilbike wrote: »
    Hi all hoping for some info on a problem I have with a HKC 1070.
    A while back the alarm stopped making the beep beep sound as I entered the house but the alarm was still armed as I tested it by walking in front of the pir.
    It worked as normal without the beep beep from keypad.
    This week it started to say Rkp comms fault and would not respond and then the internal siren began to sound continuously.
    I disconnected it and then a day later the keypad died completely.
    Now the external bell is sounding for 1 second every couple of minutes.
    There is mains getting to the unit and the fuse is good.
    There is only 2v across the battery and there is only 2v AC coming from transformer.
    I am assuming the rest of the faults started showing up because it was running on the battery but it never gave a mains fault on the display.
    The fact that the beep beep sound stopped and it never gave a mains fault leads me to believe the board may have gone faulty?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I would agree with your assumption from what you have described re the mains fault not being indicated.
    I would advise getting a local installer to have a look at this as it could be a number of things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement