Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twin Peaks (2017) [Showtime/Sky Atlantic] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lana Parrilla from Once Upon a Time reminds me a bit of Sherilyn Fenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Was so happy when I saw this this morning. Hopefully most of the cast will return. Gona be so hard to wait til 2016.
    On a related note... got this added to my Twin Peaks sleeve last month :) ..

10593084_10152772049501584_356027671286255093_n.jpg?oh=a28d7daeca12068555744ffee341ac92&oe=54BAB07B&__gda__=1421343692_fd83e2cc8f7e60698e9eeb9151c05f0f

Brilliant, can we see the rest of the sleeve please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

So bloody happy that Lynch is back, the albums and music vids over the past few years were interesting. But his cult following have been constantly been calling for something more substantial and its finally happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

I watched it for the first time around 2 years ago. There's a lot to recommend it: good setting, a compelling, weird and dark story, and well casted eccentric characters. The worst thing about it for me was a really bad tendency to get side tracked on filler sub plots which either weren't interesting/relevant or felt like they were trying too hard to be weird. Also, James.

After Laura's murderer was revealed, it was pretty much schlock until the encounter at the black lodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I watched it for the first time around 2 years ago. There's a lot to recommend it: good setting, a compelling, weird and dark story, and well casted eccentric characters. The worst thing about it for me was a really bad tendency to get side tracked on filler sub plots which either weren't interesting/relevant or felt like they were trying too hard to be weird. Also, James.

After Laura's murderer was revealed, it was pretty much schlock until the encounter at the black lodge.

Agreed. I'm re-watching it at the mo on Syfy & the last 6 or so episodes have been filler since the killer was revealed. Overall though,what an amazing show & one that endears such affection,I quite literally love it,the giant,the dwarf,the psychic log,what's not to love?!Cannot wait for the return,just wish it wasn't so far away.

Remember,the owls are not what they seem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

RainyDay wrote: »
    Brilliant, can we see the rest of the sleeve please?

1601192_10152289293626584_470065663_n.jpg?oh=fe3171dad3726319cad06b88a96b95f6&oe=54C2A0AD

10426122_845006768866362_6523485479859032437_n.jpg?oh=88a3f01b65943a2b3bfc55e287f972a2&oe=54C553CA

1932377_845006698866369_8987019804657190263_n.jpg?oh=1cd015468701412b9f743343a00da850&oe=54C5C90B&__gda__=1421995842_0547e44d225ded197afd54286b0fafb9

15261_845006615533044_6678976841826678180_n.jpg?oh=43b3e04490e0dc9b51e196b7dda014fa&oe=54ABE84E&__gda__=1422756387_bc567c686edf3ba404f534cc605f3350

10671381_849110015122704_4224381706078133055_n.jpg?oh=c2e186bcdffbb290b7c7d10cf1810b78&oe=54CAC8E0&__gda__=1420444862_728e7677d58871eb7a17dd6bfc97073f

That's it so far... think I'm gona get Lucy next

Here's a link to more of David Corden's work http://instagram.com/davidcorden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought that, as a show, it was fairly crap to be honest. My sister loved it so we were forced to watch it also (one TV 80's Ireland). I remember it started out OK but soon developed into a lot of nonsense that went nowhere from what I could see. I remember thinking the last thing they seemed to be doing was actually solving who killed Laura Palmer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

MelanieC wrote: »

Remember,the owls are not what they seem!

The owl can always see what others cannot see in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Thought the original series was great so looking forward to the revisit. Anyone hear any updates/rumors on the new series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

squonk wrote: »
    I thought that, as a show, it was fairly crap to be honest. My sister loved it so we were forced to watch it also (one TV 80's Ireland). I remember it started out OK but soon developed into a lot of nonsense that went nowhere from what I could see. I remember thinking the last thing they seemed to be doing was actually solving who killed Laura Palmer!

Like most of Lynch's work, it's not the destination that's important, it's the journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

That is, quite literally, the best news I have heard all year. I punched the air when I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Yay, Coop is back! Huuuuge news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Will it really be Coop though??

shazzerman wrote: »
    That is, quite literally, the best news I have heard all year. I punched the air when I heard.

Me too!! Yay Coop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Ben Horne

Coop is still in the Black Lodge!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Fantastic news. I am hoping they will be getting back all the old regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheryl Lee and Dana Ashbrook Return to ‘Twin Peaks’

http://www.slashfilm.com/twin-peaks-season-3/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sheryl Lee and Dana Ashbrook Return to ‘Twin Peaks’[/YOUTUBE]
    Sheryl Lee - Interesting because what role will she play? I'm assuming something to do with the Lodge.
    Dana Ashbrook - Bobby was always pretty fun and I can see how he'd work in a second season, presumably in some sort of criminal capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^*Third season.

Sheryl Lee makes sense if Coop is indeed still in te Black Lodge (which would make sense, given te dream he had about being there with Laura 25 years later).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I am assuming that this must set a record for the longest gap in between seasons for any TV show.

Regardless having Lee and Ashbrook on board makes me happy...now all we need is is Sheryln Fenn, Lara Flynn Boyle & co to join the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

mzungu wrote: »
    I am assuming that this must set a record for the longest gap in between seasons for any TV show.

Think Mysterious Cities of Gold would be well ahead. Season 1 finished in 1983 and Season 2 aired in 2012.

Be strange if Sheryl is Laura in the Lodge since she'd be unlikely to age there. Thought who's to say how things like time work. Maybe she'll be another cousin?

So we have Coop, Laura(?) and Bobby. Anyone else signed up for definite?

What about Bob???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I wonder will they keep the original theme music. Wouldn't be the same without it, and the opening sequence.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think Mysterious Cities of Gold would be well ahead. Season 1 finished in 1983 and Season 2 aired in 2012.

Be strange if Sheryl is Laura in the Lodge since she'd be unlikely to age there. Thought who's to say how things like time work. Maybe she'll be another cousin?

So we have Coop, Laura(?) and Bobby. Anyone else signed up for definite?

As of yet no, but I would imagine for this to work they are going to have to get a lot of the regulars back. I suppose they could recast, but id say theres lots of talks going on behind the scenes.
    MelanieC wrote: »
    What about Bob???

Frank Silva died in 1995. My guess is Dale Cooper will be Bob for this season.
    madmaggie wrote: »
    I wonder will they keep the original theme music. Wouldn't be the same without it, and the opening sequence.

Agreed. Just listening to the soundtrack now. Laura Palmer's theme is unreal stuff. Even Bach would have been proud of that.

Sheryl Lee makes sense if Coop is indeed still in te Black Lodge (which would make sense, given te dream he had about being there with Laura 25 years later).
    Having said that, wasn't the point of Twni Peaks: FWWM that she was freed from the Lodge? 'Course she could be in the White Lodge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

'Into the Night', wow, what a song. I lost someone close to me around the time Twin Peaks first aired on RTE, and that song really hit home.

David Lynch Doubts Return Of Twin Peaks In 2016 Due To “Complications”
    Worrying reports are coming in from readers of Welcome to Twin Peaks who attended the opening of the Between Two Worlds exhibition in Brisbane and the disturbing news has been confirmed by the Twittersphere: David Lynch last Friday night raised doubts about the widely announced return of Twin Peaks on Showtime in 2016.
    During a sold out Q&A event and conversation with David Strattan at QPAC, the director and artist was asked whether “Twin Peaks was definitely happening.” David Lynch, breaking his self-imposed code of silence, responded: “I don’t know. There are complications.”

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-twin-peaks-complications/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

David Lynch Doubts Return Of Twin Peaks In 2016 Due To “Complications”

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/david-lynch-twin-peaks-complications/

He might just be acting the maggot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

He might just be acting the maggot.

ryan-tubridy.jpg

There's no way it's not happening - everybody involved would look extremely bad if they cancelled it at this stage. I think it's Lynch being overly-cautious given his somewhat beleaguered past in TV. I heard that they are hoping to start shooting around May/June this year

• Advertisement

For the love of God, scripts all finished and its got nothing to do with budget. I hope they get their act together, this is a worrying development. If it does end up being cancelled I hope some other network will do the good deed up picking the show up.

It's all about the money..the“Complications”

Haggling Over DVD & Streaming Sales Reportedly Holding Up David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks' Deal.
    According to Will McCrabb, who has a couple of degrees of connection to the Lynch camp, it's money from DVD and streaming sales that are reportedly being haggled over. And until it's settled to Lynch's satisfaction, it seems he's ready to walk from "Twin Peaks."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/haggling-over-dvd-and-streaming-sales-reportedly-holding-up-david-lynchs-twin-peaks-deal-20150317

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Looks like the new series of Twin Peaks will not now be going into production with Showtime.

Kickstarter anyone?

tumblr_mugxc1iPsb1qeeugvo1_500.jpg

Rough news out of WonderCon today — according to several tweets from convention attendees, Showtime has reportedly canceled the revival of David Lynch's cult series "Twin Peaks."

https://twitter.com/thedigitalbits/status/584820599966539776
    Showtime officially announced its return back in October, but rumors have been swirling about its cancelation for the past few weeks following David Lynch's comments during an ABC Australia interview.

As of three weeks ago, Lynch was "still working on a contract" with Showtime.

Following Lynch's comments, a "source close to the show" told Entertainment Weekly that "everything is moving forward and everybody is crazy thrilled and excited.”

The source didn't have much to add about Lynch's participation.

"Twin Peaks" follows an FBI investigation into the murder of a homecoming queen named Laura Palmer. The series is known for its bizarre, Lynchian style and while it didn't last long on television (1990-1991), it inspired a feature film following its cancelation titled "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" in 1992.

Star Kyle McLachlan was set to return to the role of Agent Cooper, and series creator David Lynch was supposed to direct all nine episodes

http://uk.businessinsider.com/report-twin-peaks-revival-canceled-by-showtime-2015-4?r=US

file.php?id=2322

What the **** is going on?

Bloody gutted. I wish they had left the announcements until all this had been sorted. Hopes raised only to be dashed. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Going on without David Lynch, wasn't offered enough money. Big shame.

Missed the press release post up above. Hmm, going ahead without Lynch, a risky move. He is irreplaceable in his directorial style. Still its better to have Twin Peaks than not have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Missed the press release post up above. Hmm, going ahead without Lynch, a risky move. He is irreplaceable in his directorial style. Still its better to have Twin Peaks than not have it.

Time will tell

So it's not that David Lynch isn't getting paid enough: He's saying he's not being given enough budget to shoot the scripts he want to write. I assume that's what he's saying here. I wonder what madness he had in store?

ixoy wrote: »
    So it's not that David Lynch isn't getting paid enough: He's saying he's not being given enough budget to shoot the scripts he want to write. I assume that's what he's saying here. I wonder what madness he had in store?

So if it was all down to episode budget not being sufficient to implement his vision, would Lynch really jump ship and allow a new director with an low budget come on board and potentially make a hames of it? This show is his baby after all. We are not getting the full story that's for sure.

Who actually owns the rights to Twin Peaks?

CBS I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Balls, feckin p**** teases!

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    CBS I think.

So I guess they can do it without David Lynch if they want.

I doubt the cast would go along with it.

I wonder would Netflix think of hopping on board this and doing the needful, thats if Showtime decide to pull the plug on the project altogether.

I wonder would Netflix think of hopping on board this and doing the needful, thats if Showtime decide to pull the plug on the project altogether.

I just can't see them giving up the rights to it for another company to make money off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Who's to say Showtime won't cough up more cash? They know that the fans only want it back if Lynch is at the helm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement