Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twin Peaks (2017) [Showtime/Sky Atlantic] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Maybe Harry Truman will make an appearance, as a Judge or Politician etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Premiere Set For Early 2017, David Lynch Halfway Done
    “David Lynch is halfway through shooting” the miniseries, which will premiere in the first half of 2017, Nevins said. The new season was originally eyed for 2017. Nevins in the summer expressed hope that the show may be ready for a 2016 premiere but that was considered a long shot. The followup series is now locked in for early 2017.

Lynch is directing all episodes from one long script he wrote with fellow Twin Peaks co-creator Frost. Lynch is shooting the series continuously as a movie, and will later cut it into episodes. Originally envisioned as being 9 episodes, the series was expected to run longer.

Nevins said that he went to the editing room and watched 24 minutes, calling the material “stupendous.”

http://deadline.com/2016/01/twin-peaks-update-premiere-date-early-2017-david-lynch-1201681533/

Twin Peaks Revival: Complete Cast List Revealed (and It's Bananas)
    It’s not quite a cast of thousands, but it’s damn near close.
    Showtime on Monday released the official cast list for its upcoming Twin Peaks revival and it contains a staggering 217 names

While the lineup includes a few dozen veterans from the original series (many of which we already reported), the list is dominated by Twin Peaks newbies. A few standouts: Ashley Judd, Michael Cera, Trent Reznor, Jessica Szohr, Jane Levy and Richard Chamberlain.
    Twin Peaks alums returning for the revival include the previously confirmed Kyle McLachlan (as Special Agent Dale Cooper), as well as Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey), Madchen Amick (Shelly), Sheryl Lee (Laura/Maddy), Dana Ashbrook (Bobby), David Duchovny (Agent Dennis), Miguel Ferrer (Agent Rosenfield), Grace Zabriskie (Sarah), Peggy Lipton (Norma), Ray Wise (Leland), Wendy Robie (Nadine), Russ Tamblyn (Lawrence) and the late Catherine E. Coulson (the Log Lady).

Notably missing from the roster are Lara Flynn Boyle (Donna), Joan Chen (Jocelyn), Piper Laurie (Catherine) and Michael Ontkean (whose role of Sheriff Harry S. Truman will allegedly now be played by Robert Forster).
    The cabler also announced that principal photography on the continuation has concluded, with a premiere targeted for 2017.

Full list in link.

http://tvline.com/2016/04/25/twin-peaks-revival-cast-list-showtime/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Did I read somewhere that Laura Palmer is still alive and makes a re appearance?

• Advertisement

There will be 18 episodes and David Lynch is directing all of them it will be released summer 2017 Ray Wise revealed yesterday at Comic Con.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/twin-peaks-revival-release-date-david-lynch-directing-episodes-1201709267/

Teaser has dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Cast chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reminds me I need to get rewatching the first 2 seasons

• Advertisement

Saw The Secret History of Twin Peaks in Easons. Wish I knew about it before Christmas and I would've added to the santa list. By Mark Frost and written in the style of a dossier. I'll pick it up at the amazon price.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/144729386X/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483186536&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=twin+peaks&dpPl=1&dpID=51d85QuxYXL&ref=plSrch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Back May 21st with a 2 hour premiere :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Showtime are streaming the 3rd and 4th episodes right after the premiere
    18 hours of material altogether

Shot as an 18 hour movie and then they decided where to cut it into episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

So the town population hasn't changed in 25 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

fruvai wrote: »
    Showtime are streaming the 3rd and 4th episodes right after the premiere
    18 hours of material altogether
    Will it be available on any channels in Ireland?

Sky Atlantic have the rights to show it over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Twin Peaks will be simulcast on Sky Atlantic from Monday 22nd May 2017 at 2am and repeated Tuesday 23rd May at 9pm

Sky Atlantic have the rights to show it over here.

Anywhere on sky showing the original series so I can catch up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Anywhere on sky showing the original series so I can catch up?

Sky might start to screen the first 2 season's before this starts.They could easily go through the lot in 5 - 6 weeks if they wanted.

• Advertisement

FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper…25 years, 7 months, and 3 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is the Showtime app or service open to Irish customers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Twin Peaks was my show in the early 90's when I was doing my leaving cert.
    Outstanding show. And Sherylin Fenn (Audrey Horne) Good God......I was so in love.

Heads up if you are doing a Twin Peaks binge before the new season. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me parts an important part in the revival

Showtime to Air Twin Peaks Prequel, Plays 'Important Part' in Revival
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, the tepidly received 1992 movie prequel to the cult classic ABC series, is set to air on Showtime Wednesday, March 1, at 8/7c — perhaps offering a tiny hint of what’s at stake when the 18-episode Twin Peaks revival hits the premium cabler later this spring.

Appearing at the Television Critics Association winter press tour last month, perhaps the most that series auteur David Lynch “revealed” about the super-secret follow-up is that Fire Walk With Me may be required reading of sorts. Detailing as it does “the story of Laura Palmer’s last seven days,” the entertainingly cryptic Lynch acknowledged that the prequel movie is “very much important for this.”
    Coupled with the first two seasons of Twin Peaks, which are already available on Showtime’s assorted platforms, Fire Walk With Me affords subscribers the change to binge the entirety of the original series ahead of the new episodes’ arrival on Sunday, May 21.

As previously reported, the Twin Peaks revival kicks off that Sunday at 9 pm with the first two hours; immediately afterwards, Showtime subscribers will have access to the third and fourth parts. The following Sunday, May 28, Showtime will air Episodes 3 and 4 back-to-back.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/01/twin-peaks-prequel-showtime-revival/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

yabadabado wrote: »
    Sky might start to screen the first 2 season's before this starts.They could easily go through the lot in 5 - 6 weeks if they wanted.

It has been shown on the Horror Channel before, I'd keep an eye on the listings there if I was you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah but the prequel film also serves as a bit of a sequel to the original series. I suspect the line from it that's important is:
    The good Dale is trapped in the lodge and he can't leave".

Anyway, how is Annie ?

Did she ever answer Michael?

Well it's not like Fire Walk With Me wasn't canon. It was just not liked by a lot of people.

Exclusive details on the Twin Peaks revival

ew-1459_8405753443534.jpg?w=1800
    ew-1459_97970703344.jpg?w=1800
    ew-1459_73924394093.jpg?w=1800

Video with cast chatting in link.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/23/twin-peaks-revival-showtime-cover/

Are any tv stations showing the original series ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The whole thing is on Sky On Demand.

icdg wrote: »
    The whole thing is on Sky On Demand.

I'm not though

They look so old. And that eyepatch looks photoshopped on.

Would like to buy the Entertainment Weekly mag special out this week about it, has anyone ever seen that mag in shops in Dublin. Eason etc?

I have the blu ray boxset, well worth picking up, excellent quality and the box is a great looking presentation.

Twin Peaks Teases with Video Puzzles...Can you Solve It? :D

• Advertisement

Teaser

It will start with a double episode.

Another teaser.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I guess it might be time to watch season 1 & 2 again to get prepared.

mzungu wrote: »
    I guess it might be time to watch season 1 & 2 again to get prepared.
    Started it last night,amazed how much I'd forgotten about it.

• Advertisement

Teaser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

It is Happening Again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Time to find out how Annie is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I feel old was doing the LC when this was last on the box.

Was a fast 25 years.

Looking forward to this though hope it's as good as the first two series were.

I'm ragin sky hadn't the cop on to show the first 2 seasons before the new series started

yabadabado wrote: »
    Started it last night,amazed how much I'd forgotten about it.

Finished season 1 and 2 :D

Forgot how badly it trailed off in the second half of season 2 but still enjoyable. If the studio had kept there nose out of it things could have been so much different.

But I've only started rewatching now. I thought I had longer. Hmm, is it possible to watch 29 episodes and a movie before tomorrow?

I was reading that Sky will have eps 3 and 4 on Demand right after the premiere episodes

Could anyone tell me if this would be suitable if you haven't seen the original series or will it just be wasted on me? Thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Could anyone tell me if this would be suitable if you haven't seen the original series or will it just be wasted on me? Thanks lads

I implore you to watch the original avoiding the European pilot episode, and then the Fire Walk With Me film, you lucky so and so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Didn't have time to rewatch both series and FWWM.

Wondering how difficult it would be to avoid spoilers of the new season over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement