Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding/Programming Classes in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-10-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm currently in 5th year and recently decided that I would like to study Computer Science in College. Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that offers Coding/Programming classes for beginners? Just something once or twice a week like.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Try and look into CoderDojo. I don't know too much about it but it might be what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

If you wanted to try it online for free there's a great site called http://www.codecademy.com/

They go through:

HTML & CSS
    Javascript
    jQuery
    Python
    Ruby
    PHP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Nimr wrote: »
    Try and look into CoderDojo. I don't know too much about it but it might be what you're looking for.

Coder Dojo does offer courses for beginners but I think the age profile may be a bit younger than the OP.

Maybe a DIT part time or evening course?
    http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Hoop Dogg wrote: »
    I'm currently in 5th year and recently decided that I would like to study Computer Science in College. Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that offers Coding/Programming classes for beginners? Just something once or twice a week like.
    There's a wealth of information online to get you started - really no need for you to be going and paying for courses. CodeAcademy has already been mentioned. Coursera is probably worth checking out too. Check out your local library for books on introduction to languages like Java and C. I'd also suggest you have a look at the Development Forum - lots of helpful info and advice there.

Advertisement