Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to skim coat ceiling

Options
  • 04-10-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a shell of a house about 5 years ago and like all things in life, it is still a work in progress. Anyway, one of the rooms is going to be a large living room/cinema when complete. The room was originally a small cottage. I had to get it dry lined and insulated as it was just bare stone initially. The ceiling did have plasterboards but not in the best of nick and no skim coat. When getting other things done in the house, I asked a builder if he could do a job on the ceiling but he said he couldn't because the plasterboard had gone off. Can this happen and would it mean it would not be possible to skim coat it? I'm thinking he just fancy doing the job but I could be wrong!
    I have a few photos attached that should give an idea of what I need to get done.

Secondly, if anyone can do it or knows someone who can do it, please feel free to PM me any contacts as I really want to get started on this room.....it was being used as a junk room but since I got a shed, I have started moving stuff out of it.

P1130951_zps6ce2adda.jpg

P1130950_zpsae5b5ef5.jpg

P1130949_zps5e5f84dc.jpg

P1130948_zps9db10807.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The builder was right. Those marks will come through the skimming.
    What you can do is, get a hammer, puncture where the joists are and re-slab it and then skim it.
    If you're anyway handy you can do it yourself.

Advertisement