Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edna Kennys #nickergate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Enda ... Edna is a hat wearing woman in emmerdale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

so edna was approached by 2 pro-choice activists as he attended a fundraising dinner in London recently. I applaud the 2 ladies for taking the time and effort to interrupt the tee-shock and his friends eating and drinking from a very expensive menu!!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/watch-astonishing-moment-taoiseach-enda-4376488
    what has the price of the menu got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Luckily enough for them ladies they never got the ribs elbowed of them from fearless Frank, or a burly security guard dressed in a (excuse the pun) blue shirt.

Poor auld Enda, can he not even get a bit to eat in peace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Rabble rabble rabble tax-payer's money rabble rabble rabble non-news. Rabble rabble rabble distracting us from actual issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

this is not worthy of being a "gate"....or even of being a thread...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So some pro-Abortionists are making a scene, in other news water is still wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Fair play.The ladies have balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

That'll be the enda that

sorry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

if you dont see anything wrong with the totally lavish lifestyle corrupt politicians enjoy while austerity and charge after charge is forced on the 99.9% of the people of Ireland then I give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I give up
    At last!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

What does underwear have to do with abortion? Sounds more like they were 'coming on' to him rather than making a bold and insightful statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

if you dont see anything wrong with the totally lavish lifestyle corrupt politicians enjoy while austerity and charge after charge is forced on the 99.9% of the people of Ireland then I give up

That 0.1% won't get away with it forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

kneemos wrote: »
    Fair play.The ladies have balls.

Were they trannies?!

People are supposedly living on beans on toast while that twat shows total contempt by sipping wine while them women are protesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

He will stick them knickers in his doggy bag for laters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

People are supposedly living on beans on toast while that twat shows total contempt by sipping wine while them women are protesting

Are you one of the people living on beans and toast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had beans on toast for my lunch today, nothing wrong with beans on toast, if more people ate beans on toast the country wouldn't be in the position it is, I didn't get where I am today by not eating beans on toast as if it were a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

What a pair of idiots those ladies are.

Are you one of the people living on beans and toast?

No, thankfully

I had beans on toast for my lunch today, nothing wrong with beans on toast, if more people ate beans on toast the country wouldn't be in the position it is, I didn't get where I am today by not eating beans on toast as if it were a bad thing.

I had the myself for supper the other night, I never said there was anythin wrong with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

What did he do with the knickers, the way his companion covered over the knickers with a napkin, points towards a stealth move. (Knock napkin on floor, slip knickers into pocket and replace napkin on table)

God be with the days when pairs of women threw their knickers at me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

How dare he drink wine.

What a bastard

Maybe there was a hidden message in regards to the knickers, like how enda has made a total cnut of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

lots of aghast people in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Idiots like these people are damaging the pro choice campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Ah yeah interrupt the guy while he's having his dinner. Talk some sh1te about how he should repeal something that would take a constitutional referendum to remove. Set off your panic alarm when security quite sensibly remove you.

That's what I like about both sides on the abortion debate in this country, they're so damn classy....

Thought Enda handled it pretty well.

Remmy wrote: »
    lots of aghast people in there

If they kept their knickers on there would be no need for abortions in the first place ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

The women walked into the wrong room, there was a Tom jones convention going on two rooms down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

As any irish mammy will tell you..

"If you were abroad in Africa, you would be delighted with beans on toast!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Maybe there was a hidden message in regards to the knickers, like how enda has made a total cnut of the country

Have you forgotten the state it was in when he took over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

padd b1975 wrote: »
    As any irish mammy will tell you..

"If you were abroad in Africa, you would be delighted with beans on toast!"

It's far from beans on toast you were reared boy

Now I really want beans on toast :(

Thanks Enda :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

so edna was approached by 2 pro-choice activists as he attended a fundraising dinner in London recently. I applaud the 2 ladies for taking the time and effort to interrupt the tee-shock and his friends eating and drinking from a very expensive menu!!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/watch-astonishing-moment-taoiseach-enda-4376488

A hash tag and a gate!! Christ this must be serious.

He didn't take over.They've been doing as they're told since they got elected.
    Hope you don't genuinely think these idiots could run something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Think of the poor people in Africa.

When I in Africa in the 1970s a shoplifter was in court charged with stealing a pair of nickers. The judge asked her why she stole them. The answer "Because I had none".
    And women here are throwing them away. No wonder we have a budget deficit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Bit of topic but looking at all theses vidio clips being shown on you tube and the one thing that sticks out is that our ministers and Taoiseach don't have much security detail around them, yes I said that in all one breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is really disgusting, Enda has a major knicker fetish that he's been trying to control for months now, in and out of rehab. Would it be ok to plonk a needle full of heroin down in front of recovering addict?

realies wrote: »
    Bit of topic but looking at all theses vidio clips being shown on you tube and the one thing that sticks out is that our ministers and Taoiseach don't have much security detail around them, yes I said that in all one breath.

Snazzy alarm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

OSI wrote: »
    And you both realise of course that the dinner was a fundraiser funded by tickets sold to the public, and wasn't stolen from your children's pocket while they were in the lunch line?

FFS! You can't let the facts get in the way of a good rant at the gubberment - who by way, have the country the way it is.

Yeah! Them AND the bankers!

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

He really is a right twat alright that Enda fella, he's the the worst Teashack we've had since Liam "not very good at law & order" Cosgrave.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Enda put the gusset of the knickers over the spout of a boiling kettle to fill the room with the smell of fent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Twice in a week An Taoiseach was accessed in close quarters by protesters. It also took over 30 seconds for security to sound the alarm. F**king amateurs. Are we waiting until he is attacked until they sort out security.

Its like getting a smoke alarm after the fire.

this old chestnut will be well worn out by mid 2016!!
    OSI wrote: »
    And you both realise of course that the dinner was a fundraiser funded by tickets sold to the public, and wasn't stolen from your children's pocket while they were in the lunch line?
    SuperOito wrote: »
    FFS! You can't let the facts get in the way of a good rant at the gubberment - who by way, have the country the way it is.

Yeah! Them AND the bankers!

:rolleyes:

do ye realise the type of people that buy tickets to these events? it's far from open to the public at €126 for a plate of dinner with the tee-shock in London, this is a chance for vulture capitalists and the aspiring capitalist to get near the people currently running Ireland into the ground ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

What does underwear have to do with abortion? Sounds more like they were 'coming on' to him rather than making a bold and insightful statement.

Stretching reality there dude.

Twice in a week An Taoiseach was accessed in close quarters by protesters. It also took over 30 seconds for security to sound the alarm. F**king amateurs. Are we waiting until he is attacked until they sort out security.

Its like getting a smoke alarm after the fire.

we are talking about the same person here right? you'd swear he was the leader of the free world or something lol http://rt.com/usa/193052-secret-service-fake-congressman-breach/

this old chestnut will be well worn out by mid 2016!!

do ye realise the type of people that buy tickets to these events? it's far from open to the public at €126 for a plate of dinner with the tee-shock in London, this is a chance for vulture capitalists and the aspiring capitalist to get near the people currently running Ireland into the ground ;)

€126? You'd have to be some kind of crazy millionaire to afford that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

As long as Enda didn't have to abort his fine dining.Jez it gives you an insight into how our government live... Nicely tucked away in a plush hotel,raising funds for the party in London,out of sight of the Irish tax-payer.They do live in a parallel universe.It doesn't matter who is in power,their lives are so different to the ordinary Joe Soap, how are they supposed to represent us in the Dail?

€126? You'd have to be some kind of crazy millionaire to afford that.

at €126 for a single meal ticket yes you probably would! are you mental??

Johngoose wrote: »
    As long as Enda didn't have to abort his fine dining.Jez it gives you an insight into how our government live... Nicely tucked away in a plush hotel,raising funds for the party in London,out of sight of the Irish tax-payer.They do live in a parallel universe.It doesn't matter who is in power,their lives are so different to the ordinary Joe Soap, how are they supposed to represent us in the Dail?

they're there to represent themsleves and those around them for 5 years, dodge and deflect every negative story regarding their ineptitude or blatent corruption, retire on full term pensions or get promoted that job they were promised for toeing the party line and/or taking one for the team when the going got tough, they do a fine job of this and the majority of people here are happy for it to continue like this and reckon by voting them out in mid 2016 is going to teach them a lesson lol

at €126 for a single meal ticket yes you probably would! are you mental??

Spot the guy who has never treated himself to a meal in a moderately fancy restaurant ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement