Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edna Kennys #nickergate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Fair play to them made their point and made the news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Spot the guy who has never treated himself to a meal in a moderately fancy restaurant ;)

fella, dont even start, i used to earn €4000 per month after tax from just one of my clients pre-recession, I know how to treat myself, my point is that this is not as "open to the public" as you were trying to make out, at €126 a plate you're going for a particular demographic that are usually knobends, i'm surprised you weren't there seeing as it was such good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Given the imagery they use it's probably a good thing it wasn't pro lifer's who were protesting.

#foetusgate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Two shrill ladies interruping a dinner? Pro choicers need to up their game. Going past the GPO earlier there were a couple of absolutely smoking hot phillys giving out Pro Life leaflets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Given the imagery they use it's probably a good thing it wasn't pro lifer's who were protesting.

#foetusgate

Dunno,we could have had some "Waiter,excuse me,there appears to be a dead Foetus in my soup" jokes.

Two shill ladies interruping a dinner? Pro choicers need to up their game. Going past the GPO earlier there were a couple of absolutely smoking hot phillys giving out Pro Life leaflets.

pics or GTFO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What would Francis Brennan of made of knickers on fine china.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

if you dont see anything wrong with the totally lavish lifestyle corrupt politicians enjoy while austerity and charge after charge is forced on the 99.9% of the people of Ireland then I give up

If I was a politician I'd be as lavish and corrupt as I could.

and this is why we are where we are today, of course you'd be right in thinking you'd get away with it, politicially anyway, up to now the majority of the public would let ya away with it too, but some of us are eagerly awaiting a reawakening of the Irish spirit and some form of a peaceful revolution so we may bring about some real change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

and this is why we are where we are today, of course you'd be right in thinking you'd get away with it, politicially anyway, up to now the majority of the public would let ya away with it too, but some of us are eagerly awaiting a reawakening of the Irish spirit and some form of a peaceful revolution so we may bring about some real change
    You could always set up camp in front of the central bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Good to see that the muppet can smile about and refuse to tackle the issue while shit like this is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

At least that hysterical black woman from the street protest a few months back didn't show up.

Her big mouth would have shattered every glace in the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What would Francis Brennan of made of knickers on fine china.

Both hands on hips and loads of theatrical tut-tutting:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

if you dont see anything wrong with the totally lavish lifestyle corrupt politicians enjoy while austerity and charge after charge is forced on the 99.9% of the people of Ireland then I give up

120 euros for a gala night is far from lavish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

fella, dont even start, i used to earn €4000 per month after tax from just one of my clients pre-recession, I know how to treat myself, my point is that this is not as "open to the public" as you were trying to make out, at €126 a plate you're going for a particular demographic that are usually knobends, i'm surprised you weren't there seeing as it was such good value

I didn't make any suggestion that it was open to the public so i don't know where you are getting that from.

Also, you sound like someone who was a big swinging dick back in the boom time who got brought right back down to Earth once people realized they could easily do without whatever frivolous service/product it is that you were providing once money actually became an issue again and now you are bitter about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OSI wrote: »
    And you both realise of course that the dinner was a fundraiser funded by tickets sold to the public, and wasn't stolen from your children's pocket while they were in the lunch line?

Tickets sold to FG members. It being a fundraiser for the party and all.

The way some people are going on about it you'd swear it was a Children in Need function

It was a fundraiser where a bunch of god fearing fcukwits gave money to people who support and protect their backwards ideals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I bet he gave them an aul sniff.

You really need to choose your battles better. Kicking up stink over the Taoiseach having a meal costing 120 quid is just silly.

I didn't make any suggestion that it was open to the public so i don't know where you are getting that from.

Also, you sound like someone who was a big swinging dick back in the boom time who got brought right back down to Earth once people realized they could easily do without whatever frivolous service/product it is that you were providing once money actually became an issue again and now you are bitter about it :(

no, i had plenty to look after my bills and my child, didn't have to worry but i pretty much kept my head down and was always working hard or had my daughter every second weekend, the recession has been a seriously tough adjustment, and still recovering, it's hard just barely getting by, even harder watchign politicians living the high life while the people they "represent" are kept suffering unnecessarily imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

syklops wrote: »
    You really need to choose your battles better.

renegademaster fights every battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Enda has a pair of those knickers dangling from each ear right now. He's on mushrooms and he thinks he's at a rave on one of Venus' moons.

Venus has no moon.

He's not sure why those chicas were telling him to repeatedly ate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm pretty sure I saw the two of them and a friend performing in MacBeth.

humbert wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I saw the two of them and a friend performing in MacBeth.

And they met again after the hurly burly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Tickets sold to FG members. It being a fundraiser for the party and all.

The way some people are going on about it you'd swear it was a Children in Need function

It was a fundraiser where a bunch of god fearing fcukwits gave money to people who support and protect their backwards ideals

Why are you always so angry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

You're in the right country for that so.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

c_man wrote: »
    I bet he gave them an aul sniff.

He's probably wearing them right now....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

I wonder did he give them a big old sniff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

20Cent wrote: »
    Fair play to them made their point and made the news.

Pair of f*ckin idiots more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Enda should have asked them to suck him off under the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

€126? You'd have to be some kind of crazy millionaire to afford that.

Its also 67% of some peoples entire income in this country.
    On one meal.
    Austerity for some, fancy do's for others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I think Edna thought they were strippers. The grin on him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Smidge wrote: »
    On one meal.

Don't see why people with decent jobs should have to justify their living standards and the cost of those expenses with those on social welfare.

On one meal.
    Don't see why people with decent jobs should have to justify their living standards and the cost of those expenses with those on social welfare.

let them eat cheese :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

kneemos wrote: »
    He didn't take over.They've been doing as they're told since they got elected.
    Hope you don't genuinely think these idiots could run something right.

Haha. When something goes wrong it's all their fault. When things are going well "ah sure they're just doing what they're told". I love after hours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So they gatecrashed the place, started rhyming off something together like 6 years olds and gave him knickers, I'm sure that achieved a lot for their cause.

The dresses they were wearing looked like they were from the 1930s

I'm not saying anyone "who has a decent job" should have to justify how they spend their money. If you can afford €126 for one meal for one person, fair play. :)

But if the people who are earning such a good wage(and it must be a seriously good wage to be able to afford that amount without it causing serious recalculations to the household budget. Actually, second thoughts. If you can spend that without damage, I guess there isn't a household budget needed.)feel that its perfectly fine, like micky and a couple of other posters, to ridicule and sneer at people who CANT afford it, you can see why people are getting very cross in this country atm.
    I gave the example of SW, but tbh these are not the people who are most annoyed at the state of play in this country and Enda and his ilk(and people who sneer).
    I can say, hand on heart that the VAST majority of the working people I know, would have an aneurysm at the thought of a €126 for a dinner(for one person).
    That's their entire shopping for a family for a week!!!!

Certain posters(not directing this at you)in certain threads seem to think that the only disgruntled people atm are welfare recipients. While I don't doubt they are(I know a couple of people out of work and they are losing their minds, turns out SW doesn't really accommodate Ps4, Sky packages, 3 foreign holidays a year. Who knew eh? )they are not the only ones.

Its the average worker, on an average wage, who is clutching to things by their fingernails at this stage. I'm talking about the checkout woman in the supermarket whose husband drives a van for a living. The woman who works doing home help whose partner works in the local shop.
    They simply cannot take anymore as there isn't a penny more to give.
    And now the worry about water bills and upcoming budgets.
    You bet they are pis5ed off.

And therein lies the crux.
    Its certain types of people who cant understand what the big deal is with paying €126 for a dinner as it wouldn't cost them a thought, but then look down their nose at those who are genuinely struggling, that need a touch of empathy and understanding and a bit of decency instilled into them.
    If that can't be done, then they need to have a serious talk with themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm not saying anyone "who has a decent job" should have to justify how they spend their money. If you can afford €126 for one meal for one person, fair play. :)

But if the people who are earning such a good wage(and it must be a seriously good wage to be able to afford that amount without it causing serious recalculations to the household budget. Actually, second thoughts. If you can spend that without damage, I guess there isn't a household budget needed.)feel that its perfectly fine, like micky and a couple of other posters, to ridicule and sneer at people who CANT afford it, you can see why people are getting very cross in this country atm.
    I gave the example of SW, but tbh these are not the people who are most annoyed at the state of play in this country and Enda and his ilk(and people who sneer).
    I can say, hand on heart that the VAST majority of the working people I know, would have an aneurysm at the thought of a €126 for a dinner(for one person).
    That's their entire shopping for a family for a week!!!!

Certain posters(not directing this at you)in certain threads seem to think that the only disgruntled people atm are welfare recipients. While I don't doubt they are(I know a couple of people out of work and they are losing their minds, turns out SW doesn't really accommodate Ps4, Sky packages, 3 foreign holidays a year. Who knew eh? )they are not the only ones.

Its the average worker, on an average wage, who is clutching to things by their fingernails at this stage. I'm talking about the checkout woman in the supermarket whose husband drives a van for a living. The woman who works doing home help whose partner works in the local shop.
    They simply cannot take anymore as there isn't a penny more to give.
    And now the worry about water bills and upcoming budgets.
    You bet they are pis5ed off.

And therein lies the crux.
    Its certain types of people who cant understand what the big deal is with paying €126 for a dinner as it wouldn't cost them a thought, but then look down their nose at those who are genuinely struggling, that need a touch of empathy and understanding and a bit of decency instilled into them.
    If that can't be done, then they need to have a serious talk with themselves.
    Sure you would spend twice that just on a ticket to go to a big music festival, it's a one off thing it's not something people do every night of the week if anyone is working and able to save even 20 quid a week they'd almost be able to afford that once a month.

Sure you would spend twice that just on a ticket to go to a big music festival, it's a one off thing it's not something people do every night of the week if anyone is working and able to save even 20 quid a week they'd almost be able to afford that once a month.

That's the point.
    The people who are struggling cant afford to go to concerts/nights out.
    Are people not getting that? :confused:

• Advertisement

That's the point.
    The people who are struggling cant afford to go to concerts/nights out.
    Are people not getting that? :confused:
    So the rest of the world should just stop turning?

So the rest of the world should just stop turning?

I was right, people aren't getting it.

I was right, people aren't getting it.
    There are always people who can't afford things even at the best of times we had 4% of people on the dole and people who where struggling because of the lifestyle they were trying to maintain.

For everyone else to not do things just because someone else can't afford to is ridiculous not to mention it would be seriously damaging to the economy.

There are always people who can't afford things even at the best of times we had 4% of people on the dole and people who where struggling because of the lifestyle they were trying to maintain.

For everyone else to not do things just because someone else can't afford to is ridiculous not to mention it would be seriously damaging to the economy.

Ok, go back and read my post again. Then get back to me.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Did they change his plate?

Advertisement