Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus promo codes, travelling to the US

Options
  • 04-10-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Curiosity has me asking this question!! I'm looking into booking flights to the US for November. Aerlingus is coming up the cheapest direct. Can anyone tell me if they have ever used the promo code option when booking with aerlingus? Did it work and where would you get such a code!!!!!

I had a quick search on google but nothing us coming up! Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Literally never seen one in the years I've been travelling. Just suck it up and pay the price, or don't (not in a rude way, just a matter of fact way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Curiosity has me asking this question!! I'm looking into booking flights to the US for November. Aerlingus is coming up the cheapest direct. Can anyone tell me if they have ever used the promo code option when booking with aerlingus? Did it work and where would you get such a code!!!!!

usually these are given to you by the airline if they are compensating you for something (ie 200 off your next flight etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Nelly 21 wrote: »

Airlines don't usually have coupons and promo codes for their flights. The stated fare is what people pay. Sometimes they will have sales on certain routes or times of the year, and they will advertize the sale in the press. But those discounted fares will be available to everyone, not just those who have a coupon or promo code.

As another poster said, sometimes the an airline will send you vouchers off your next flight, to compensate you if something went badly wrong on a previous one. They will have a code or a number on them that you input when you are booking the flights. The amount of the voucher is then deducted from your overall fare before you pay for the flights. But they aren't the same thing as promo codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Thanks!!!!!! Just something I wondered about!!!! Actually for the first time in a long time aer lingus seem to be coming in cheapest!!! Thanks for replies!!!!

Advertisement