Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Email address linked to Apple ID no longer exists

• 04-10-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

My old apple id account is linked in my iCloud account,
    but I have my new apple id linked to the AppStore.

I cannot reset the my iPhone unless I have my iCloud password (old account - I haven't used the account in years and i have forgotten my password),
    The email address liked to the apple ID is no longer existent so I cannot even reset the password.

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've read this three times and still very confused. So you have an Apple ID from a while back. And you also have a new Apple ID now. You've forgotten the old Apple ID password and now can't turn off activation lock?

How old is the iPhone? And when was the last time you used the old Apple ID?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've read this three times and still very confused. So you have an Apple ID from a while back. And you also have a new Apple ID now. You've forgotten the old Apple ID password and now can't turn off activation lock?

How old is the iPhone? And when was the last time you used the old Apple ID?

- iCloud account (setup with old apple ID - forgotten password, email address for this apple id account no exists so reset function is no use)

- Password for iCloud account needed in order to factory reset phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

theballz wrote: »
    - iCloud account (setup with old apple ID - forgotten password, email address for this apple id account no exists so reset function is no use)

- Password for iCloud account needed in order to factory reset phone

So you setup your iPhone with a new Apple ID and kept your old ID for using iCloud? Has it not prompted you to enter this password at all over the last few years? Or do you have the password but can't remember the email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

DubDJ wrote: »
    So you setup your iPhone with a new Apple ID and kept your old ID for using iCloud? Has it not prompted you to enter this password at all over the last few years? Or do you have the password but can't remember the email address?

Yes it has prompted to enter password the last few years but as I don't use iCloud I just ignored it.

I don't have the password, the email address is the login for Apple ID.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you try resetting the password by answering the security questions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement