If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Receiver & 5.1 Speakers

Options
  • 04-10-2014 3:40pm

Hi,
    I am looking for a quote for the following, delivered to Dublin:
    Sony STRDN 1050 AV receiver
    Dali Zenzor 1  5.1 speaker package.
    Also, can you recommend a blue ray player to go with this.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Waldo, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The 1050 with the Dali Zensor 5.1 would be £1450 delivered.

Is there something about the Dali kit that grab your attention ? We have other options which would be more popular like the Monitor Audio BX range which features bipolar rear speakers which are less directional.

The BX kit also features a better subwoofer and this would work out at the same price as the Dali and would consist of BX2, BX Centre, BXW10 subwoofer and BXFX rears.

On the blu ray front, I would go for the Sony BDPS6200 M/R.

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12708-bdps6200-mr.aspx

This is an excellent player and one that has superb features and picture quality.

Let us know what you think and don't forget we do offer the pricebeat.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave,
    I was keen on the Dalis because I got a pair with my son's DM39 and was very impressed.
    I will check on the Monitors before deciding. 

Could you also clarify something for me: If I have a smart TV, is there still an advantage in having all the internet capabilities in the AV reciever too, or is this just doubling up on what is required?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Dave,
    I was keen on the Dalis because I got a pair with my son's DM39 and was very impressed.
    I will check on the Monitors before deciding. 

Could you also clarify something for me: If I have a smart TV, is there still an advantage in having all the internet capabilities in the AV reciever too, or is this just doubling up on what is required?
    Waldo,

most decent AV Receivers will now have internet capability at this stage unless you are looking for something at the lower budget end of the spectrum.

There are of course many advantages to having a web enabled receiver, including App control and of course internet radio ( with decent quality) - and streaming music services as well as Bluetooth or DLNA / Airplay streaming in many models - the biggest problem is that once you've had a smart receiver, its really hard to imagine how you managed without it!

Thanks again and keep us posted,
    ( of course if you get a better price on the Zensor / 1050 or if you are interested in any other package just drop us a line and we will get hold of a sharp pencil ;))

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.