Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know purchased persons iCloud account

• 04-10-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I purchased a perfect condition IPhone 5 off a man on DoneDeal. He showed me it and it worked perfect, he said he took his sim out and all I had to do was put mine in it which I believed, stupidly.
    When I got home I restored it but now it's asking me to put in someone's iCloud account. I rang and texted the guy and he isn't replying or answering. Now I suspect that the IPhone was robbed and have no idea what to do now €350 down.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded if leads to IPhone working. Regards Diarmuid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Diarmuid97 wrote: »
    I purchased a perfect condition IPhone 5 off a man on DoneDeal. He showed me it and it worked perfect, he said he took his sim out and all I had to do was put mine in it which I believed, stupidly.
    When I got home I restored it but now it's asking me to put in someone's iCloud account. I rang and texted the guy and he isn't replying or answering. Now I suspect that the IPhone was robbed and have no idea what to do now €350 down.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded if leads to IPhone working. Regards Diarmuid

What is the IMEI of the phone? Should be on the back of it

Put that in here and see if its been locked from icloud https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

timmywex wrote: »
    What is the IMEI of the phone? Should be on the back of it

Put that in here and see if its been locked from icloud https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

If the IMEI is not on the back, at the dialpad type: *#06#

Advertisement