Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola

Options
  • 04-10-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey lads,

I've been trying to get glass bottles of coke anywhere for ages and I have had no joy. The only place I can find is musgraves, but of course you have to be a retailer to buy them... Would any of you be able to assist me in my hunt?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hey lads,

I've been trying to get glass bottles of coke anywhere for ages and I have had no joy. The only place I can find is musgraves, but of course you have to be a retailer to buy them... Would any of you be able to assist me in my hunt?

Pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lukemaguire

fussyonion wrote: »
    Pub?

I would try but i'd say they would either not sell it, or sell it an exorbitant price...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

https://www.mycoca-cola.com/

you can personalise your bottle :D
    Costs €2.39, but free shipping over 6 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hey lads,

would the have them in any of the 'old style' sweet shops. You know like those Mr Simms and the likes of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

you can get them from the indian shop in fonthill called EuroAsia...but they are from the middle east/asia as there is arabic writing on them so taste might be completely different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

You're not in Waterford by any chance are you? There is a shop on the Cork Road called Dunphys that sells the glass bottles of Coke. (and Diet Coke, Fanta and Pepsi)

They seem to import a lot of their stock from England. A lot of the bars/sweets are priced in Sterling on the wrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would try but i'd say they would either not sell it, or sell it an exorbitant price...
    Even if they sold at cost it would be high, I have looked at wholesale prices before. I'm amazed that so many pubs go for them.

Is there any particular reason you want them? There might be other solutions.

I know some people are particular about it being fizzy, in which case soda stream devices and homebrewing gas devices could refizz flat coke.

Or you could even fill empty small glass bottles and refizz them.

I also wondered if there was a glass device you could screw onto plastic bottles so your lips were touching a smooth & wide glass edge, rather than threaded thin plastic.

rubadub wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason you want them?

To be honest, mainly just for nostalgic reasons. I have great memories of drinking coke out of a glass bottle... Even when you get one in a pub, I think it tastes a lot better...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

There is a stocked outlet store in Athlone besides Ericsson, they sell glass bottled Coke, it's very cheap, 24 for 8 Euro :)

m_hunter wrote: »
    There is a stocked outlet store in Athlone besides Ericsson, they sell glass bottled Coke, it's very cheap, 24 for 8 Euro :)

Can you get me an address for it please? Also, can anyone buy it or do you have to have a business?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

As someone suggested middle eastern shops sell soft drinks in glass bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

whiskeyman wrote: »
    https://www.mycoca-cola.com/

you can personalise your bottle :D
    Costs €2.39, but free shipping over 6 bottles.

Can I ask you about this? I'd love to get my husbands name on Diet Coke for him, but his name never came up on the Share a Coke promotion.

I've clicked on that link but I don't see anywhere to personalise the bottles?

Advertisement