Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewing equipment cork?

Options
  • 04-10-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I am just about to brew my first batch of cider at home.

I have located apples and most of things I need, but I am looking for demijohn (glass preferably) and cork/stopper for same.

Also looking for wine yeast but as above unsure where to get these in Cork city.

Can anyone help?

I think the health shop in Paul street might have the yeast but not sure if anyone could confirm would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes, the health food shop upstairs in Paul St SC has basic brewing supplies. Might have the demijohn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

There's a shop on lower oliver plunkett street that has brewing kits. Not sure about individual bits but they definitely had kits last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

if you need a test subject,,,,, buddy let me know when ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm home brew cider is yummie..you should keep an eye out at the recycling centers for demijohns i always see them in the monkstown one

• Registered Users Posts: 15 aidan7990

Hi,

thanks for all the help got my demijohns in he alt food shop in paul street as thought, cost 5.75 each and they had yeast as well.

impressed with stuff they had.

getting my apples tomorrow so will start process then.

hopefully it goes ok.

thanks for help again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Is that all I thought they would be pricer..

Best of luck with it, hope it goes well

Advertisement