Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lc english poetry?

• 04-10-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

hello,
    my teacher told us we have to write an essay on Bishop for the weekend. He didnt really give specifics and just told us to include language and style. How am i supposed to structure this?? do i give her some of autobiography? do i need quotes from various poems?? Please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Hey :) Structure it like this: have an opening paragraph that says that you disagree or agree with the given statement, why you agree/disagree and state the poems you have studied. Then move on to the body of your answer. Discuss about 4/5 poems and have a separate paragraph for each. Make a point, explain it then back it up with a quote :) link similar themed poems. Have a closing paragraph that sums up your answer, just basically reinforcing why you agree or disagree with the statement. Do not make new points in the conclusion paragraph. Relevant background information is nice to have but not too much. A quote from the poet about something they actually said also makes a very good addition to an answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Thank youuuu!!♡♡ Do i need to give information about her personal life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

koolis02 wrote: »
    Thank youuuu!!♡♡ Do i need to give information about her personal life?

Only if it's relevant to what you're discussing like with First Death In Nova Scotia or Sestina, it's probably worth writing that there was turmoil in her own family life.

Advertisement