Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator unfairly (in my opinion) threatening me by PM

Options
  • 04-10-2014 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

This concerns a post being removed from a thread, a threatening PM I received & the Moderators refusal to reply to my response.

I sent a pm to him at 13.34 & he was posting oh his thread at 16.52, so I assume he seen my PM & is ignoring it.

The deleted post was on the thread "Bullseye 360 Pistol & Rifle Competition" (I tried to post a link but can't as I'm a "new user").

I posted a post that I couldn't attend as I have decided to go to another competition elsewhere on the same day & that asked could more notice be given in future..............

The post was deleted & I received this PM (which includes my reply)

PMs removed

For the record, I have no idea how he has come to the conclusions he has. I can, in hindsight, understand why he wouldn't want another competition, on the same date, mentioned on his thread, but his reaction, the insinuations & the content of his PM is unacceptable to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

And the PMs were removed as posting PMs is forbidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Varmint Shooter

Sorry if I put thin in wrong section or shouldn't have added PM's but I was following the information in the "Shooting Forum Charter" within the Shooting Section under the heading "If you don't like the modding, follow procedure".

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It is not possible to openly discuss PMs here. If you feel the PM to you was abusive or "threatening" (other than "threatening" appropriate mod action for example) you should report it and let an Admin have a look at it. If you have a problem with the modding of the forum and have been unable to resolve it through discussion with the local mods you can PM one of the 4 Sports CMods to discuss it. As Sparks is a Sports CMod and also a mod of shooting, you may wish to approach one of the other 3 Sports CMods to discuss this

The mere fact a local mod deleted a post though should not itself raise concern. That is a standard mod action if a post breaches site or forum rules.

As I said in my original post this is what concerned me.
    .....................For the record, I have no idea how he has come to the conclusions he has. I can, in hindsight, understand why he wouldn't want another competition, on the same date, mentioned on his thread, but his reaction, the insinuations & the content of his PM is unacceptable to me.

I've no problem with being moderated or that the post was removed per say as I can understand why the Mod in question didn't appreciate me mentioning another competition on the same day elsewhere when he was obviously involved in the one the thread was about.

I've had an interaction with Sparks also, as you probably know, seen as you've advised me to approach another CMod. He too made assumptions about my posts that are incorrect.

I see I may refer this to an Admin if I want to. To be honest, I don't think I'd bother as I reckon I'll not be posting too much in the shooting section as the moderation there seems to be a little Draconian if you do not follow the popular/Moderators opinion in discussions.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am clearly not in a position to comment on anything within the PM exchange. All I can say is I can see no issue with the post being deleted from that thread, and clearly you accept that anyway.

If however you do wish the PM exchange to be looked at by an Admin the only way to do that would be to report the PM received

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help.

TBH, I do feel the assumption & accusation levelled against me were unfair.

How do I report the PMs to an Admin. Sorry I cannot find a "report" button on the actual PMs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you view the PM, there'll be a report button just like on a normal post in the corner.

Found it. I was looking in the wrong places.

Thanks for your help.

I've reported the original PM as advised.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There is absolutely no threat contained within said PM. Closing thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement