Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth shelling out for the premium eliquid?

Options
  • 04-10-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I see bottles of this stuff sometimes 30 quid a pop, what's the difference between that and a 3.50 bottle? is it worth it?
    been vaping now for a year and have been using bestshop to buy all my liquids.. 4.50 a bottle for 15ml isn't bad but what's the difference between that and the 30 euro bottles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

For me it's the taste, the cheaper they are the more chemically they taste. Granted though you do get some expensive ones leaving the same kind of aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I've been around the world (liquid wise) and tried MANY different brands.
    Started off on Dekang and stuck with that for months.
    Then spent a fortune on liquids that were getting great reviews on various forums, only to discover that only about 4 in 10 lived up to the hype and the expense.

I still like and am willing to pay top dollar for a couple of brands, but in general I have found Hangsen to be on a par with a lot of "gourmet" liquids.
    For example, I much prefer Hangsen vanilla custard to Grants or Mrs Lords. Although it's a tough call between Hangsen and Grants for me.

I'm pretty much settled now on Hangsen as my all day vape.
    I buy the massive 100ml bottles for €13.99 from vapefreaks.com and for flavours that I use now and again, or want to try out I get the 30ml bottles for €7.49
    Pure Mist have gotten an awful hammering on most forums I've seen, but I quite like their Tutti Frutti flavour.

Taste is very subjective I know, but as for shelling out over €20 on a 10ml bottle, I need to know first hand that it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Anybody who charges 30 quid for a bottle of juice should be shot with balls of their own ****e
    Find a flavour you like from the likes of bargain vapour for 14 quid 100ml and then just add a bit of extra flavour to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The most I've spent is €28 for a 30ml bottle of five pawns Gambit and to be honest, it was the best juice I've ever tried. Was it twice as good as a Wingnut eliquid? Probably not. Would I buy it again? Yes. But not every day.

But, at the end of the day, it's like wine. It doesn't matter how much it costs, as long as you like it.

It doesn't matter how much it costs, as long as you like it.

So true!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

But, at the end of the day, it's like wine. It doesn't matter how much it costs, as long as you like it.

I don't drink wine every day but I vape every day, so the cost matters to me. Occasionally I buy expensive juice just to try out but generally the 100ml juices mentioned above work just fine for me. Might try adding more flavour as somebody suggested. How much do you need to add to 100ml and what type of flavouring would you use does anybody know?

Maybe try experimenting with small quantities?

Half fill a 10ml dripper bottle with say, Menthol and add a few drops of Blueberry or Strawberry, or Spearmint etc.

Along with your regular liquid, get some 5ml samples and just keep experimenting until you find something that you really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

The most I've spent is €28 for a 30ml bottle of five pawns Gambit and to be honest, it was the best juice I've ever tried. Was it twice as good as a Wingnut eliquid? Probably not. Would I buy it again? Yes. But not every day.

Where did you get the five pawn gambit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Where did you get the five pawn gambit?

Cigatec in Dun Laoghaire. Their website is still being built www.cigatec-Ireland.com but they are on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Cigatec in Dun Laoghaire. Their website is still being built www.cigatec-Ireland.com but they are on Facebook.

Thanks. I've gotta try the stuff after looking it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I lived near Dun Laoghaire for a while but am gone now. Looking forward to Cigatec coming online, I hear they're a great shop. Will order 5 Pawns when they're up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Vaped 5 pawns in France. It's a very good liquid but not 28 euro good, nothing is. Not always but in general ye get what ye pay for.
    Not only is it flavor but your putting this stuff in your lungs, you can get rubbish for a big price but I'd say it's less likely to be rubbish.
    I know epic juice for example is made in a clean room, I doubt there's any Chinese companies that go to so much care

No matter what it's cheaper than smoking so I wouldnt go mad trying to save on it

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

colly10 wrote: »
    Vaped 5 pawns in France. It's a very good liquid but not 28 euro good, nothing is. Not always but in general ye get what ye pay for.
    Not only is it flavor but your putting this stuff in your lungs, you can get rubbish for a big price but I'd say it's less likely to be rubbish.
    I know epic juice for example is made in a clean room, I doubt there's any Chinese companies that go to so much care

No matter what it's cheaper than smoking so I wouldnt go mad trying to save on it

An Overview of Hangsen:
    http://youtu.be/plJpz_ARFTc

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

The more premium liquids I try the more disappointed I am. Just tried another one which is pretty much exactly like a wingnuts liquid, for €12. It has 70% VG which is the only benefit to this liquid that i can think of.

There are certain ones out there, which have flavours that you just do not get in a cheaper brand or equivalent, ya they are certainly worth buying. But unfortunately it just seems like the majority of them are just hype. For me right now my favourite liquids would be Mrs Lord and Co Navy Cut and El Toro Guevara (but jesus Guevara murders coils like no other liquid). ElToro is a very reasonable price, and Mrs Lords €18 so which is fine too.

Most of the high end brands have just left me wanting. And no i would never consider 5 Pawns or anything like that, they are just riding the arse off customers in my opinion. Max i would go is €24.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

It is all personal taste, I've been vaping for 4 years now.

I've tried countless different liquids and flavours but I still always come back to Dekang 50ml Menthol from the best shop.

Would love to find something new but I always disappointed.

A large sample pack of small bottles would be ideal does any one do that any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You can get a sample pack of some great flavours here: http://artisan-eliquid.com/product/sample-pack-10-x-3ml/

The juice is really good, but the price is more wingnuts than five pawns.

EGriff wrote: »
    You can get a sample pack of some great flavours here: http://artisan-eliquid.com/product/sample-pack-10-x-3ml/

I totally forgot about them, must order more of that liquid, i liked what i tried in the past.

EGriff wrote: »

Cheers. Just ordered the sample pack.

Any other sample pack recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

do ye always change coil when changing juice tho? i'm always afraid to change juice because it will wear down the wick and coil and i'll have to change it... using the nautilus now so i just keep filling the same juice because i don't want to pay more for another BVC coil lol

• Advertisement

Tom123 wrote: »

If you're looking for something cheap and cheerful, vapefreaks do a tobacco and a fruit sample pack for around 8 or 9 euro.
    I got the fruit one, 5 X 5ml bottles, I liked them all except the peach.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Tom123 wrote: »

CloudHouse Vapor do Mt Baker Vapor and SNG sample packs! Very customizable as well which I love since I only like 3mg nic and high VG juices!

Video wrote: »
    do ye always change coil when changing juice tho? i'm always afraid to change juice because it will wear down the wick and coil and i'll have to change it... using the nautilus now so i just keep filling the same juice because i don't want to pay more for another BVC coil lol

That depends on the liquid and the state of the coil for me. If im going from banana to tobacco, or the opposite way around and the coil is still in a good condition, ill just leave it in. The taste either wont bother me or be noticeable.

If its something like aniseed or coffee flavour, definitely will always change the coil, you cannot get rid of those flavours and they are pervasive.

I have to say im amazed by BVC coils though, they behave like tiny little cartos, im incredibly happy with them. Best vape and least hassle i have had with a tank since cartos.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

BeansBeans wrote: »
    That depends on the liquid and the state of the coil for me. If im going from banana to tobacco, or the opposite way around and the coil is still in a good condition, ill just leave it in. The taste either wont bother me or be noticeable.

If its something like aniseed or coffee flavour, definitely will always change the coil, you cannot get rid of those flavours and they are pervasive.

I have to say im amazed by BVC coils though, they behave like tiny little cartos, im incredibly happy with them. Best vape and least hassle i have had with a tank since cartos.

Yeah i love the bvc coils too but a few juices mess them up i've found, i normally use passion fruit from bestshop as my allday vape but it couldn't handle it (lots of spitting, gurgling etc). I switched to banana and everything has been a breeze ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Iv been vapeing juice from vaporcast/nicquid for 3 years and it's as good as a lot of premium stuff.
    I would call 75c/ml+ top end stuff vaporcast is about 50c/ml.
    I place an order with them every few months for €100-150.
    All there stuff is US made in a clean room aswell.

I do order some juice from Vaporium and roar juice from Liberty flights every few weeks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You can get 1ml samples from smokerainbow.com.

I think it's pretty brilliant.

Advertisement