Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best all terrain double buggy?

Options
  • 04-10-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all.
    I'm looking to buy a double buggy that is suitable for taking through parks and on rough, rocky paths. I think I prefer the tandem style rather than the side by side, but I'll take all recommendations! The stronger and lighter the better. My head is wrecked with all the options out there so I hope someone can help with their experiences.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The Phil and Ted range is hard to beat. Ours took serious abuse and kept going...worth every penny.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Phil & Teds have pneumatic tyres like your bike plus non-friction bearings. Really can't be bet.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Phil & Teds have pneumatic tyres like your bike plus non-friction bearings. Really can't be bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

I have the Mountain Buggy Duet which is side by side. I am finding it really good. Check out the Mountain Buggy Duo also

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Too

Phil and Ted vibe is excellent. You could get one second hand if too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mountain buggy or out n about nipper . I have had the nipper for 4 years and 5 kids and brought it up mountains ,through Forrest's on beaches and did have 2 punctures :)
    It is very light .
    I personally like the Phil and Teds as a single but not as a double ,it can be hard to get up steps and extremely heavy to push , one child sees nothing and is very close to the ground which is not ideal for much except foot paths .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I've heard the mountain buggy is great for all terrain. You could also try the baby jogger city mini double GT. the GT would be a lot better for rocky paths etc than the normal city mini double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Out and about nipper fan here. Swapped my single for a double and it's the biz. Goes over anything. You can swap the big tyres for solids as well (for 0 punctures, although I only ever got one).

Advertisement