Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bake Fest

Options
  • 04-10-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, just wondering has anyone been down to Bake Fest in Leisureland? It Was on today and is on again tomorrow, is it worth a trip? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I met a Boardsie heading out there earlier so a report should be forthcoming soon (unless they are still stuffing their face).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, it's on again tomorrow.

Worth the trip? Depends how much you're into baking and cake-art. There are some very cool pieces cake-decoration, which IMHO were worth seeing. It's only a fiver in, and is supporting ACT for Meningitis.

Whoever is in charge of sound for the demonstration stage needs to be taken outside an given a talking-to:- the horrible sound that they are pumping over the stallholders and visitors is dreadful, and it's not totally due to the presenters having grating voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

I would've liked to have seen more space given to local suppliers of ingredients, or what have you. They seemed to want to give bakeries a good plug, which meant there were 8 or 9 stalls of people selling brownies and chocolate biscuit cake - not really what I was looking for. They didn't stand out, and they didn't help ME to bake.

Though I agree some of the decorated cakes were amazingly creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Thanks for your replies, I went today, must say I enjoyed it, went to Edward Hayden's demo- v enjoyable was talking to a few others who said the other demo's were good too, the sugar craft cakes and cake Dahl were amazing! Some of them are like art pieces! Way above my basic skill range! Haha!

Advertisement