Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Could my iPhone 5 screen replacement caused my network problems?

• 04-10-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I got the screen replaced on my iPhone 5 last week due to it being smashed. About two days after that i started having problems with my network signal (three network). It has gone so bad now that the signal is completely dropped most of the day. The only way I can get the phone to reconnect to the network is by switching it off and on again.. it will then hold signal again for approx 20 minutes before completely disconnecting again.

Is it possible the technician who replaced the screen could have damaged something on the interior of the phone causing this problem or is it solely related to the sim card tray / sim card area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's possible I suppose. But did you also update the software on the phone? What OS is it on now? 8.0.2?

My dad had the screen replaced on his iPhone 4 recently and lost wifi signal after, he brought it back and turns out they left a screw loose which caused it. Works fine again now. So it's definitely possible they did something.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Yup, its on 8.2 at the moment... could this be s factor to really consider? I think three network have been experiencing signal difficulties lately as well, according to mate who is also on three..

Advertisement