Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player

Options
  • 04-10-2014 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask but......

RTE player isn't working for me

I assumed it was the flash player but when I visit the site it says I'm up to date

Any help as to why RTE player isn't working for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Are you running any ad or pop up blockers? Have you tried in another browser? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Are you running any ad or pop up blockers? Have you tried in another browser? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome).

It's working on IE.

I do have add blocking on Chrome

Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

UCDCritic wrote: »
    It's working on IE.

Thanks for your help.

It could be a browser related issue. Try using Chrome or Firefox instead, or update IE to 11 if it's not updated.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Post right above yours....:rolleyes:

no need for that, please feel free to contribute to the thread but no attacking other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

UCDCritic wrote: »
    It's working on IE.

Thanks for your help.

A pound to a penny you have Hola installed on Chrome. Make sure you're fully logged out of it; that, or disable it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

A pound to a penny you have Hola installed on Chrome. Make sure you're fully logged out of it; that, or disable it.

I thought the same :) I'm always wondering why it doesn't work and then I think 'hola' !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

justagirl wrote: »
    I thought the same :) I'm always wondering why it doesn't work and then I think 'hola' !

What's hola?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭walshyp

RTE player no longer works with Adblock. disable it on the RTE site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i love watching my rte player for my soaps but haven't watching them for a month or two. went back to catch up on one or two shows and found they are no longer available e.g home and away or even neighbours.

Anyone know what the craic is with that at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

mollybird wrote: »
    i love watching my rte player for my soaps but haven't watching them for a month or two. went back to catch up on one or two shows and found they are no longer available e.g home and away or even neighbours.

Anyone know what the craic is with that at all??

They are only available for a limited period, like 2/3 weeks

• Advertisement

walshyp wrote: »
    RTE player no longer works with Adblock. disable it on the RTE site.

Works for me with both Chrome & FF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

danjo-xx wrote: »
    They are only available for a limited period, like 2/3 weeks

When i got into A-Z part of it and on it you see the the letter H and the letter E can't be accessed ( not lite up) i know about the thing of shows being available for a limited amount of time.

mollybird wrote: »
    When i got into A-Z part of it and on it you see the the letter H and the letter E can't be accessed ( not lite up) i know about the thing of shows being available for a limited amount of time.

When you go into A-Z the A is lit up, and if you click on any other letter, that will then light up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 NowThatsCool

I'm not sure if this is the cause of your problem but I'll share the problem I had with the RTE player and the fix.

When I tried to run the RTE player it popped up an error message saying my machine was running Ad Blocking software.

Now I'm not running any ad blocking software BUT I do have a custom HOSTS file which I use to just block out sites I just don't want to see. It included the line "127.0.0.1 stats2.rte.ie". I took it out and the RTE player works just fine now.

ps. You find your HOSTS file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

How do you get it to work on Kindle Fire? TV3, TG4 and UTV Ireland players work perfectly, but even when you update Flash, it only displays a blank screen.

Advertisement