Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Contactless

Options
  • 04-10-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of UB's plans to rollout the NFC-enabled cards? I really love UB's service ever since I made an a/c a few years ago. Apart from the blip in service two years ago, they really are the best functioning bank out there imo. I really would like to see the contactless cards soon, seeing as the competition rolled out theirs over a year ago. Thought someone here may be in the know :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

My new issue credit card has that feature. Haven't used it or seen any outlets offering it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

My new issue credit card has that feature. Haven't used it or seen any outlets offering it yet.

A lot of fast food outlets and convenience stores support it, at least here in Galway anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭barry181091

It appears their Visa 'serviceCard' has the NFC but not the Visa 'debitCard'. Strange!

EDIT: That's Northern Irelands serviceCard. Technically a separate bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Milex

Hey, sorry for digging up this old thread but time has passed, things might have changed.

I wonder if Ulster Bank (RoI) will get contactless payment soon, Bank of Ireland, AIB and permanent TSB have it already.
    Ulster Bank does have contactless payment, but only in Northern Ireland, and only on their "Service Card".

So Contactless is not "new" or "unknown" to Ulster Bank, is this a sign that Contactless will roll out for all soon-ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I complained last month about it, apparently we will see it by the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Hmm, by the end of the year, I might even wait for it.
    Currently deciding if I want to switch or not. :/

Zhane wrote: »
    I complained last month about it, apparently we will see it by the end of the year.

Where did you get this information, Ulster Customer Service, or some more reliable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,580 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They have it on the credit cards now but not debit. Got a new one about 3 months ago.

They have it on the credit cards now but not debit. Got a new one about 3 months ago.

Are you with Ulster RoI or Ulster in Northern Ireland?
    I can't find any contactless cards on the RoI website, but they have it for "ServiceCards" in Northern Ireland.

M

Milex wrote: »
    Are you with Ulster RoI or Ulster in Northern Ireland?
    I can't find any contactless cards on the RoI website, but they have it for "ServiceCards" in Northern Ireland.

ROI, it's a Mastercard.

• Advertisement

ROI, it's a Mastercard.

Great, thank you, I will get in touch with Ulster directly, I hope they can give me some answers.

M

Milex wrote: »
    Great, thank you, I will get in touch with Ulster directly, I hope they can give me some answers.

Mine was newly issued in April to replace the one that previously expired, no idea if it's been rolled out to all who request new cards also or just those newly issued.

Advertisement