Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever been to a disastrous wedding?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Never been to a disaster wedding to be honest. Have been to a few really **** ones.
    They tend to be the ones that either the couple put no effort in to (irish formula wedding) or put too much in to.

The best ones tend to be good laid back affairs where the couple are very obviously enjoying themselves.
    My 75 year old mum dancing to metalica is a particular highlight of my own wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

A couple of them.
    One where the groom and his men were plastered and where this best man proceeded to insult the bride sveral times during his speech, that is when he actually managed to utter a comprehensible word. It was very uncomfortable to witness it.

The next where the groom and his mother picked on the bride for the night. It ended in a screaming match and the MoG calling the tearful bride a selfish c##t in the middle of a packed reception hall.

What a bunch of charmers, both couples still together though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Never been to a disaster wedding to be honest. Have been to a few really **** ones.
    They tend to be the ones that either the couple put no effort in to (irish formula wedding) or put too much in to.

The best ones tend to be good laid back affairs where the couple are very obviously enjoying themselves.
    My 75 year old mum dancing to metalica is a particular highlight of my own wedding!

Anyone else been to three weddings, three saturdays in a row at same hotel with same band? The irish formula wedding gets old. Fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

I was at a wedding a few years back and the best man started punching the head off his girlfriend in the middle of the dance floor. The poor girls nose was plastered all over her face and there was blood everywhere. Then a full on boxing match started on the dance floor between the two families.

I ran over and grabbed my little girl and fled with my wife. We stayed in the lobby and 4 Garda cars arrived and a few vans, most of the grooms family were arrested.

It turns out the eijet that started it was a really paranoid fúcker and when his girlfriend was dancing on the dance floor and laughing, he thought she was arranging sex with someone behind his back. So he decided to walk over and punch the head off her. What made it worse, this fella drank a bottle of paddy during the wedding.

Whiskey should only drank by people of stable mind, if you're unstable, stay the **** away from it.

The couple had 2 kids there too that witnessed the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Deco99 wrote: »
    Anyone else been to three weddings, three saturdays in a row at same hotel with same band? The irish formula wedding gets old. Fast.

And the same food! Reheated Chicken stuffed wrapped in ham anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No i've been lucky never to have attended a disasterous Wedding. Though say some Weddings I enjoyed more than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I wouldn't say disastrous, but I was at a wedding where no one danced. It was quite small, about 40 people, and the band were Elvis impersonators so that's all they did. The dj wasn't great either and the room was way too big, which made the dance floor seem even emptier.

For about 80% of the songs, the only people on the dance floor were me and another friend of the bride who was also trying to keep things going. Awkward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Sorry but no wedding disaster story is ever going to beat the thread here a few months ago about the guy who sh!t bombed the wedding hotel.

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew my wedding would be mentioned :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I was working in a hotel in Baltimore, West Cork a long time ago. There was a wedding every week and all were pretty much the same.

However one weekend 2 locals were getting married. All the talk in the week before the wedding around the village was how the bar would be left open until morning, big session, etc.
    Once the music finished they all decamped into the residents bar, sing song started, drinks flowing, etc. We were ready for the long night.

I was washing some glasses and this couple in their 40's who were standing at the bar were arguing a bit, he was fairly drunk, in a bit of a mood. Next to them was was a big guy who was talking to his friend, she engaged them in conversation as the husband wouldn't talk to her. This made him worse and he went for the big guy (he was small enough himself), big guy basically picked him up and just shook him but by doing this he bopped himself on the nose with the small guys head.
    Loads of screaming & shouting, they were pulled apart and things calmed down. The small guy's brother in law decided that wasn't enough decided to weigh in on the big guy, more fighting, shouting and screaming.

Manager threw them all out of the bar, bride, groom the lot. Ended up we had an earlier night than most weddings:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement