Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pellet info.

Options
  • 04-10-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys
    Anyone know how to easyily calculate ballistic coefficient of a pellet?
    Also anyone know if you can order pellets online and if so any websites?
    I'm using a pellet that's not great but my friend where I purchased the rifle has no decent pellets.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

what part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

You can get jsb pellets off ebay..i put pellet on pellet with my hw97k at 25 yards...u have to get them!!!

You can fill out an import form and do it right which i did the first time but after that ordered many times after with out no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

+1 on the JSB pellets or else Crosman premier are good too.

Get hawke chairgun pro, its a free software package for your phone or PC.
    You can configure it to suit your rifle and setup. There are some great tools built in including the BCs for loads of pellets.
    There's also a built in BC calculator tool lets you work out your BC by zeroing at a known range and then measuring the drop at another further range (say your zero range and then another 40 yards or so), type in the drop and then the software will calculate the drops at all the other ranges. If you've a suitable reticle then you play around with the scope mag setting on the software until the drop distances line up with the marks on your reticle so you've a mark for every 10 yds or so.

Lookup Youtube, there's lots of info on it there, Teds Holdover or SI Pattaway are good.

I've a Hawke SR12 reticle on my HW100 at 22ft/lbs, I zero at 40yds and then there's a line or dot on the scope reticle for every 10 yards all the way out to 120 yards, so if you've a rangefinder you'll be spot on and its really quick especially if you often shoot in the same surroundings and you memorise the distances.
    For further distances the rangefinder is vital as the drop will be quite a lot for every few yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

1shot16 wrote: »
    You can get jsb pellets off ebay..i put pellet on pellet with my hw97k at 25 yards...u have to get them!!!

You can fill out an import form and do it right which i did the first time but after that ordered many times after with out no problem!

That's going to bite you in the ass at some stage.
    You need an import every time you import ammo from another country no exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

FOXHUNTER1 wrote: »
    [/COLOR]

That's going to bite you in the ass at some stage.
    You need an import every time you import ammo from another country no exceptions.

Sold the air rifle for. 22lr so i dont think it will :P

i only had 200 on my licence so i could only order bisley magnums the only pellet in tins of 200 and they werent much good.

Order 3 or 4 tins a few times and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

As Holdover says, Hawke's Chairgun software has the BC's for a lot of pellets in there already - definitely the best place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Enda17

Can you order ammo online ? :0

Have a look on Patrick Carleys website, he's got JSB pellets and will send them to you or else try Anglers Curse in Limerick for Crosman Premier. Both are good pellets and you don't have to do anything dodgy to get them!

Patrick Carley
    Ballymurn,
    Enniscorthy,
    Co. Wexford
    (086) 6861154

Anglers Curse
    Main Street,
    Croom,
    Co. Limerick
    (087) 9809919

Enda,
    If you live reasonably near to me we can meet and I'll setup your rifle for you using Chairgun Pro and a Combro chrono I've got.
    I've helped a few lads before, it doesn't take very long. What kind of scope have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Enda17

Holdover wrote: »
    Enda,
    If you live reasonably near to me we can meet and I'll setup your rifle for you using Chairgun Pro and a Combro chrono I've got.
    I've helped a few lads before, it doesn't take very long. What kind of scope have you got?

Hi
    I have a gamo matrik 4-12 Mil dot line scope
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement