Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for guys - Opinions on short hair on girls?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

need to be pretty with small / pixieish features like winona ryder or natalie portman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

You need very feminine features to pull it off - small jaw, delicate neck - but when it goes well it beats a longer hairstyle hands down for me. I've always thought that cute trumps hot, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I love long hair on girls (on head).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I'm really surprised at the amount of guys who don't like short hair on girls!

Id have to disagree with a lot of the points, Frankie from The Saturdays and Halle Berry both look better with short hair imo. And as a girl I've always though girls with short hair are very attractive. (Not too short though..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Emma watson

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjSjBrFUjeH687bWzCyHpMG_qyYdc1FHaapcQwtl7R_DNzSncrlQ

emma-watson-haircut-short-hair.jpg

More attractive to me with the long hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Hallie Barry, Michelle Williams, Carrie Mulligan, Anne Hathaway and the lovely Natalie Portman.

http://trendsops.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities-with-short-hair-pictures-of-short-haired-celebrities266-1409242001.jpg

and Selma Blair and Charlize Theron

I find them stunning. I think for girls, it's such a brave thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Suits some people, doesn't suit others. Now that's a shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Why is it 'brave' though?

Why is it 'brave' though?

For a girl to get rid of her long locks that that taken years to grow!!!!!

I reckon there's an "oh crap!!!!" moment when the first lock is cut but then there's no going back.

But then i'd need a girls perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I personally find long straight hair on women very attractive. I often think short hair doesn't suit most women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Fat girls cannot pull off short hair as it brings the face more into focus. I love short hair on a girl, provided she isn't fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Halle Berry.

Have we ever seen her with long hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm really surprised at the amount of guys who don't like short hair on girls!

Id have to disagree with a lot of the points, Frankie from The Saturdays and Halle Berry both look better with short hair imo. And as a girl I've always though girls with short hair are very attractive. (Not too short though..)

I would have to agree. A good short haircut will really bring out the features of the face. Mind you, it has to be a good cut, not a lawnmower job.
    And I've found many hairdressers here can't do that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So in conclusion.

On some women it's nice and on some women it's not depending on who you ask.

Next up - which is better springy clothes pegs or the other kind?

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Next up - which is better springy clothes pegs or the other kind?

after that, wooden pegs v plastic pegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I'm not fat, have very short hair. Kinda like Frankie from the Saturdays style. Mine suits me way better short!

I am a hairdresser though and short hair is massively popular now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭candytog

I've known girls who had long hair and went short (I mean bob short) and they looked amazing. It all depends on your face and how the hair frames it. Long hair can cover up a nice neck and shoulder line. I often see girls with really long hair or with extensions that actually take away from their features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I remember seeing a very out-of-shape looking man at a health/nutrition store. He hadn't worked out properly in years, he had a very high body fat percentage and very little muscle mass. And yet, he was sitting there with two different giant tubs of protein shakes for 'mass building' and he was comparing the ingredients.

The thing is, for that guy, it didn't matter which tub he bought. It wouldn't make any difference.

I've noticed a lot of women do the same thing. The short hair/long hair thing....I gotta be honest, while most men have a slight preference for one or another, the truth is, it's not really going to matter. If you are attractive enough, whether your hair is long or short, guys will want to see you naked. And if you aren't attractive enough, well, you could have the world's greatest hair - and guys aren't going to care.

So, go ahead and get whatever haircut you want. But really, it's about + or - 1% of your total appearance from our perspective. Any girl I'd sleep with who had long hair - I'd still sleep with her if she had short hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It depends on the face. You should choose the hair style that best suits your face. Same for men. Some men can look good with long hair but a lot don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

I'm not fat, have very short hair. Kinda like Frankie from the Saturdays style. Mine suits me way better short!

If I weren't in a relationship...

If I weren't in a relationship...

We'll I'm not.......;)

Advertisement