Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do?

• 05-10-2014 2:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭

I'm working in Galway. Girllfriend works in Cork.

Girlfriend recently got a job in Galway, and wants me to find a new flat with her.

I'm with her for 8 years. I have never lived with her.

The thoughts of living with any women makes my skin crawl. I wake up shes's there. Home from work shes there. Want a bit of quiet time shes there

I love my free space. I can't live with someone invades who invades my privacy 24/7

I have been on holidays with her for a week which is grand because I know its only a week.

Even if it was Katy Perry there the whole time I couldnt stick it.

Funny thing is I can re-locate to a England office if I choose to do and just tell her that they want me to relocate.

I love my girlfriend but can't imagine her been there 24/7. I'm young.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

walshyp wrote: »

Girlfriend recently got a job in Galway, and wants me to find a new flat with her.

The thoughts of living with any women makes my skin crawl. I wake up shes's there. Home from work shes there. Want a bit of quiet time shes there

I love my free space. I can't live with someone invades who invades my privacy 24/7

I have been on holidays with her for a week which is grand because I know its only a week.

Funny thing is I can re-locate to a England office if I choose to do and just tell her that they want me to relocate.

You've just answered your own question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Walshyp likes Katyyy Perrry

187187 wrote: »
    Have a ****?

Is there anything a **** can't cure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

Oh give it a go sure what's the worst that can happen?
    Relocate if it doesn't work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

kneemos wrote: »
    Is there anything a **** can't cure?

No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Say a mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

After 8 years?
    And you think rather than telling her that you have no interest in living together, you can go off to the UK as a dodge?

Do the girl a favour and break it off. Decent thing to do considering what you have posted about how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

shoot the hostage

Do her mother.Just for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

Not listen to this crap.........

....................................Boys and girls, wanna hear a true story?
    Saturday night was at this real wild party
    There was liquor overflowin' the cup,
    About 5 or 6 strippers trying to work for a buck.
    So I took one girl outside with me,

oh god I.m Getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Exactly what I thought of when I read the title! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Is this a wind-up is it?! I actually had to hit the stop button on a Programme I was watching online to actually re-read this jazzschuzzlenoodlechops again to make sure I had the gist of it. 8 years? EIGHT YEARS?!? Srsly? Arrahc'meregowaywouldya. Seriously. Go. Away. Out. Of. That. The poor poor girl. Eight years?!?!? :pac: If I write it multiple times I wonder will it change to like I dunno 8 seconds or 8 days or something. EIGHT FULL YEARS?!? 8 yeah?!? I hope the girl is on Boards I really hope she is. No wonder there's so many oh do ya know what never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I hope she sees this tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Living together doesn't mean your privacy is being invaded and you will be together 24/7. Presumably you will still be allowed some personal space. I have to be honest and say it is kind of odd that you would think of sharing a home with someone you have been in a relationship with for 8 years in those terms. It makes your skin crawl? Just dump her ffs and let her be happy. Don't just do a runner to the UK, how cowardly.

Anyway, you need to tell her how you feel. It just sounds like you aren't in the same page at all. 8 years is a long time to be with someone and never discuss moving in together. Has the subject never been brought up before? I hope she isn't moving to Galway just to be with you. You should have told her how you felt before she started the relocation process. Poor girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So... she quits her job, and goes to Galway to live with you, and instead of being happy, you try to run away?

How about you just break up, and go somewhere where there are brothels for your week off work?

Troll this forum again and you will lose your access

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement