Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone feel like they were born in the wrong era?

• 05-10-2014 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

was in work today taking abuse from a manager who is tiny for a man..
    im 6"4 he is about 5"0.
    just made me think what if this was 500 year ago for example..

ever feel like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

Nope,

Burn in the 70,s and IMO the best ever era to be born in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

I was born in the mid early 90s, many people might disagree with me but it was the best era to be born considering the boom in late 00's by the time I finished school I know exactly what path to take considering educating myself. I know many a people who have entered constriction around that time and is struggling to find work now. Hopefully I.T does not take the same route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

davemc180 wrote: »
    im 6"4 he is about 5"0.

ever feel like that?

Nah man. Never felt like that because let's fact facts, even 500 years ago there would have been some 5ft guy having a nice position within a clan telling blokes to go fight the other clan. Sending them to their deaths. You know yourself.

I know where you are coming from. Taking abuse from someone who in any other situation you would wipe the floor with them. I don't say that as some asshole trying to come off hard. Just the reality of things. But like today and just like the past. We eat crap and move forward.

While the world changes.... it also doesnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

I kinda feel I should have been born around 2353.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I would have liked to have been born into my grandfathers time in the teen 1900s.

Things seemed a lot clearer in those days. Men were men and sported mustaches and smoked tobacco.

These days they seem limp wristed. Blokes with low testosterone levels following the lib rules. We've seen it on college campus's. What gives I tell ya What Gives!!!!

We're way way way way down on the worldwide third level ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Only superficially. The fashion in bygone eras can be divine. But well it was so much harder and unjust.

I would like to be born in a utopian future realistically. I am ahead of my time and I want to live in star trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

I would have liked to have been born into my grandfathers time in the teen 1900s.

Things seemed a lot clearer in those days. Men were men and sported mustaches and smoked tobacco.

These days they seem limp wristed. Blokes with low testosterone levels following the lib rules. We've seen it on college campus's. What gives I tell ya What Gives!!!!

We're way way way way down on the worldwide third level ladder.

No Internet or electricity and smoking tobacco (mmm no thanks)

Are men not men today? without the handlebars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

500 years ago a lot of posters here would be tortured and executed for your atheist ways

And rightly so! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

You should be grateful you live in the age of 'the state' you pretend to hate or you may well have been executed too in times passed.

Be thankful :)

• Advertisement

187187 wrote: »
    No Internet or electricity and smoking tobacco (mmm no thanks)

Are men not men today? without the handlebars.

No they're not men at all, they use lib words and call women women instead of broads.

Granted some men outside of the third level spectrum still act like men but I think they're a dying breed. That beautiful culture is on life support.

I've seen it first hand in UL. Lib dominated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 MaXimum CoNviction

I should have been born 10 years earlier, I missed out on the acid house, warehouse raves, they-dont-make'em-like-they-usedta days. Caught the tail end of it all-right, but it's gone to **** these days.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

davemc180 wrote: »
    im 6"4 he is about 5"0.

ever feel like that?

aye, sometimes when i speaketh to mine cater-cousins, they looketh at me liketh i had two heads. 'tis v'ry strange. in worketh, 'tis yea moo difficult. especially when i am fixing their comput'rs. i asketh them hast they reboot'd the system, and they always sayeth aye. but they lieth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

some men outside of the third level spectrum still act like men but I think they're a dying breed. That beautiful culture is on life support.

I'm still fighting the good fight bro.

I'm still fighting the good fight bro.

Well done son keep it up. I know from correspondence with other boards members that there's a few of us younger guys on the site practicing the old traditions. Living and telling it like it is brother. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No I was glad I was born in the 80's I wouldn't mind been born a bit sooner or later into the 80's nearer 90's. :pac:

The only thing I don't like about the 80's is that I was born into a recession, grew up in the celtic tiger times and graduated from college into a recession! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

This is the best era to live in by far. Even through our economy isnt the best. It still beats the 70-80s in Ireland, when it took 12 years for unemployment to fall below 13%. Irish society has never been so liberal. We can now talk about things that 20 years ago you would not consider talking about eg Divorce, Abortion, being gay. Ireland has never been so free to live in. We no longer have an obsessive government being controlled by the catholic church(it still has a lot of influence).

But I think it would have been cool to live in the booming 1950s in the US, in a city like NYC. When the US was the dominate economy of the world(40% of the worlds GDP). Where it was rapidly changing to become a progressive country eg civil rights.

Ya that trues alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

No they're not men at all, they use lib words and call women women instead of broads.

Granted some men outside of the third level spectrum still act like men but I think they're a dying breed. That beautiful culture is on life support.

I've seen it first hand in UL. Lib dominated.
    When I hear people say things like this it just seems to show a lack of adaptability and perspective. Human evolution and societal advancement is not marked by physicality and , it has been defined by intelligence and sociability. We got the brains while out simian relatives got the brawn. If you think that men should stick to some arbitrary template based on an ideal from 100 years ago for who knows what reason, rather than embrace the emerging social diversity that marked latter half of the 20th century, then I think that you weren't just born in the wrong era, you born into the wrong species.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

When I hear people say things like this it just seems to show a lack of adaptability and perspective. Human evolution and societal advancement is not marked by physicality and , it has been defined by intelligence and sociability. We got the brains while out simian relatives got the brawn. If you think that men should stick to some arbitrary template based on an ideal from 100 years ago for who knows what reason, rather than embrace the emerging social diversity that marked latter half of the 20th century, then I think that you weren't just born in the wrong era, you born into the wrong species.

Then there are the fortunate few who got the brains and the brawn.

I'm not going to lie to you chief, it's a pretty great experience.

Now, have to dash, my daughter has invited me to a tea party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We have romantic notions of the past but bar being born into royalty it was a hard way to live. I'd take modern medicine over being a king or emperor any day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Karl Stein wrote: »
    You should be grateful you live in the age of 'the state' you pretend to hate or you may well have been executed too in times passed.

Be thankful :)

Is there any need to bring the dude's politics into this?

Advertisement